I'm ready to break the phone in a million peices

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2006, 02:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
I am so sick of telemarketing calls. Some of this was my fault I guess. I am a sucker for freebies. So I was signin up for some free samples or something to be sent m. I was on one site thinking I was getting a freebie for filling in the questioneer. Which is normally name adress etc. And maybe a few questions about the product you are asking for freebies for. After I filled in the name adress etc. part. Then it says in part 2 of this freebie,you must complete one of the offers. That is when I thought no way. I was exiting that site. Figuring I don't want to do one of their offers. As phone number was required for registering. I usually give my cell phone number for these types of things and a yahoo email adress. At that point filling in part one and clicking to go to part 2. They must of already got my number. So twice yesterday. People call about going to college online. I get the voicemail of some guy. Saying call him back. He'd like to get me going on my college program. I deleted the message. Figuring not interested. Then around 2:15 I was getting done work. Was sitting outside with a few other girls from work. Well we were waiting to have a welcome baby party for a girl who just had a baby. Cell phone rings again. It shows a number and no name. I answer. A woman asks for me by name. I said who is this. Sara from Phoenix University. I'm here to sign you up for online college. I rudely said I'm not interested. And Thank You for not calling again. Have a nice day. Then hung up. Some guy called last week about me being interested in mortgage rates info. About getting some home loan. I think that too was from this same web site that I thought I was getting freebies from. I told him I was never interested in any loans of any sort. Do not call again. I then realized. It was time to reregister for the do not call list. You got to do that every so many years. So I reregistered home and cell phone number. I never even filled in any of the parts where you actually pick one of their offers. Since I never filled that part of the questioneer in. They must of just picked stuff for me in hopes I'd take the offers. I think some times some of these free offers. They don't say up front. Must complete one of their offers. So you fill in the questioneer with name adress. telephone number. Then click the ok to move on to getting the freebie. Then it comes up must complete off. Click here to continue. I usually never continue. But at that point I guess I just gave them all my personal info. I guess I got to be more carefull what sites I sign up for freebies from.
July 25th, 2006, 07:44 PM
mrobinson
Hon.. I know this is is a vent.. So I'm really glad you did!

Your vent reminds me from a scene in the movie 40 year old virgin. The virgin get a girl's number, calls it and then chickens out about what to say.. He starts to pretend he is a telemarketer.. Her response can not be repeated here, but I highly suggest you see that part!
July 26th, 2006, 05:02 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Usually when I fill out those forms, I put in a fake number so I dont have to deal with that. I dont think I have ever given out my real number unless it was something I was truely interested in.
July 27th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Regular
Try putting yourself on the other end of the line..
I did telemarketing when I was younger and nothing was more annoying then rude people who hung up..
And to be honest all the rude people we wouldnt take off our list we would leave them on to annoy them further.
July 27th, 2006, 02:52 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
Try putting yourself on the other end of the line..
I did telemarketing when I was younger and nothing was more annoying then rude people who hung up..
And to be honest all the rude people we wouldnt take off our list we would leave them on to annoy them further.[/b]
You may not appreicate the scene in the movie I was referring too, then.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search