I am so urked. Ready to blow my stack soon

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
I only been on the new job since July 19th. I like the job for the most part. Yeah I work with some lazy young ones. But they are nice enough. Just one cook Tanya. She urks me so bad I want to blow up. She's nice enough for the most part. First of all she is obsessed with the time clock or our hours. She'd see me come in early. Only because of how my bus got me to work. Then would say punch in early. You never get your 32 hours a week. As we all never stay to 7:30 if we're the closing person. I deal with that ok. But Tanya will keep asking me if I feel confident with dinner. Usually for days I work dinner alone. I always say yeah I'm fine. She asked me at least 4 times today about tomorrows dinner I work alone. She kept forcing me to prep things for Thursday that I could do Thursday. Stuff not on todays production sheet as to do for Thursday. I was more than well prepped up for Thursdays dinner as it was. My chickens were marinating for the greek chicken. My hams were cut and panned up for the ham steaks. All that had to be done was cook the rice, potatoes and veggies that go with the dinner. Make some ham glaze for the ham steaks. All stuff that can't be precooked and reheated. I was even ahead of things for todays dinner. I wanted to say. I been prepping and cooking for banquets for 17 1/2 yrs up to 300 people. I think I can take control of a week night dinner averaging 50-60 people. I didn't want to start anything. Then she made some remark. Oh you leave at 5:30 today. You don't want to go. You'll miss this place. I said this is day 7 in a row for me. I am very tired. Well it was sort of busy for dinner. 5:30 come around. I said I was going home. She says already? We were just having fun. You know you don't really want to leave. Tanya was pulling guilt trip on me. Because she was a bit busy. Wanted me to stay longer and help her. I put in 8 1/2 hours today. My feet and back were and are killing me. I said I really gotta go. I promised my dh and son I'd bring home dinner since I did not close tonight. They do not want to eat real late. So she had the nerve to ask me when my bus was coming. Hoping I'd stay a bit longer. I said I don't know.(really didn't know till I looked at the bus schedule.)But pretty sure it's soon or I know for sure one bus heading near my neighborhood comes soon. I just got my things and punched out for the day. Stopped for sub sandwiches on the way home. Cousins subs on my way is doing a 2 halves for 5$ after 5pm and all day on Sundays. No limit. So I got 3 foot longs worth of halves for 15$ plus tax. Well tomorrow is my last day of work for the week and this 8 day stretch. Then it's my weekend off. I am off Fr--Mon go back on Tuesday. Well gotta go up and close up the camper for winter. My lower back feels all knotted up. My neck sort of hurts. Just normal stresses from working. I think I may go lay on the heating pad for a while before going to bed. Now I'm afraid if I say anything to Tanya about how I feel about some things. It might cause a rift at work. I am doing my best to just fit in and get along with everyone. I really need to keep this job as it has bennies. The other cooks I get along great with.
September 8th, 2004, 07:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
((((hugs)))) I hope you feel better soon, and I hope things get better at work.

September 10th, 2004, 09:04 AM
Texas Mom
that is tough, hang in there girlie!
September 10th, 2004, 09:51 AM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((((HUGS)))) I hope things get better real soon! TAKE CARE!

September 10th, 2004, 06:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
Well I too hope things get better. I'm not thinking of quitting. But can't wait till Tanya goes on her maternity leave. Maybe some of her attitude or behavior is pregnancy related. At least I'm off the next 4 days. I just came off working 8 in a row. Now it's catching up at home. Laundry has to be done. Washing work clothes now. Then was cleaning the living room and kitchen. I know it's a lot of stress being the new one on the job. I think Tanya is seeing if I truely can handle the position I was hired for. Although I was to cooking school. 90% of my training I learned on the job at different places. From chefs not trained in a school to be chefs. But learned the skills of a chef on the job or from family owning a restaurant or other places.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search