I cant take it anymore! I dont know WHAT to do!

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MommytoZoeAlyssa

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2013, 10:41 AM
MzzMommaD's Avatar Sleepy Rat Rattery
I dont even know where to begin! I have tears streaming down my face, im shaking from head to toe with fury, hurt, anger, upset, frustration...
I have so many things to vent about I will go one at a time.
My son is 4 years old, just turned 4 at the end of November. In ONE week he has snuck out of his room very very early, before anyone else is awake. YES we have a gate, I even tried putting it upside down. FIRST he went in the bathroom and took the BRAND NEW shampoo and bath soap I got for him, and dumped it all over the floor, counter, his bath toys, his head... filled his cup with it till it bubbled and drank bubbles. The bathroom was a MESS. I have steamed, mopped and scrubbed the floor and its STILL slimy feeling, even though it is DRY. THE NEXT MORNING, AGAIN, he snuck out, made a mess, ate a WEEKS worth of his vitamins in one sitting, found scissors, thank god he didnt hurt himself with them, ate a bunch of cookies, trashed HIS room. TODAY, he did it yet AGAIN!! But THIS time he found ALLLLL the puff paints! He sprayed them all over his carpet, the hall carpet, his play house (thankfully its cardboard), drenched both cats and the dog in paint, a pair of my shoes, and one of my nice sweaters. I had to throw away the shoes and sweater, in my upset and anger I smashed his play house right in front of him and told him well when you break the rules you lose things you like! I had to get on my kneed and scrub the carpets with hot soapy water, my hands and knees are raw from rug burn and i STILL couldnt get it all out. I had to cut as much hair off my SHORT haired cats to try to get the PINK and GREEN and BLACK puff paint off. The dog? I had given her a haircut not too long ago so her hair is really really short! I cant get the green off! I nicked her skin trying and didnt want to risk it again so I just put her down. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO! This kid is destroying my home! I keep having nervous break downs but have to hide it from my husband because he has no idea how mortified, depressed, and angry i am inside! And he wouldnt understand.

My NEXT vent: DH and i have been on a rocky path for a little while. Its an up and down battle. I think both of us feel like the other one doesnt try hard enough. But I feel like im going around in circles trying so hard to make him happy. I love him with all my heart he is all i could ever ask for. But lately I dont feel wanted. He stays up until 5 AM playing video games with his cousin. So I have been going to bed alone every night for the past two weeks. Sometimes he plays the video games all day too! And when hes playing he gets aggressive and very mean. He takes the games too seriously and any time I say anything I get yelled at. But he cant even see how ridiculous he is being about his games! Its like he is a 2 year old who wants his purple car but only has the orange one and wants to scream at everyone. But its usually not like this. It seems like every few months we get this rough patch.

My last vent, for now.
DH and I have been trying for a baby together for over a year without assistance (DS is from a previous relationship, DH is adopting DS this year) I have tried so many natural ways to help conceive. NOTHING helped. Then FINALLY I try something called conceiveasy. Since I heard such great things about it, i get 3 positive tests. I take them to my clinic to get a true positive from my doctor only to find out, OH! By the way Amanda, those tests were all faulty because your not pregnant! A year and almost a half of trying and having a miscarriage last spring the day after a dear friend of ours was killed by his wife, and i get 3 faulty positive tests. I have now gone 3 months with no period, no pregnancy. So NOW I have to start hormone treatments in a week. Because im such a FAILURE at life I cant even produce hormones on my own properly! I cant control my child who thinks its OK to dump paint all over pets and sneak around when people are sleeping and eat a weeks of vitamins in one sitting. I feel like sending my son to his birth father, but if i do that, if i EVER get him back he could come back in a casket! That man is a complete monster! Sometimes I feel like throwing everything in this house around like a **** tornado and destroying everything and storming out and just leaving. Because DH would be better off without me and my terribly behaved 4 year old, who didnt used to be like this. He has always been a complete angel. But this past week its like someone flicked a switch and he is a completely different person. I dont even know my own son anymore! I dont have a job because its hard to work with all my health problems that I already have, so i cant afford to talk to a therapist, and i cant afford insurance right now because we recently lost ours. I cant afford preschool right now for my son, but when we get the settlement from my ex for past due support we can afford it.

I dont know what to do anymore. I feel like everyone can see through me and see what a failure and a joke I am. I have almost no friends, and the ones I have all live in other states who i havent seen in years. I feel so alone.

January 24th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I never post in here, just read sometimes, and I'm very sorry you are having such a difficult time. That said, given all of the challenges you are facing, maybe this isn't the right time to be trying to have a baby? Maybe it's a good time to work on some other issues instead.

Thanks to Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for this beautiful sig!

January 24th, 2013, 09:55 AM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have to 100% agree with Cruiser (sorry - I don't know your name). I am so sorry you are going through such a rough time.

I honestly think it is irresponsible to purposefully get pregnant when your marriage is going through a rough patch. Don't you want your baby born into a happy household?

Plus if you are stressed now, what will happen when you have a newborn?

Thanks to Nicole *MommaDucks* for my siggy

Last edited by *Jennifer*; January 31st, 2013 at 12:22 PM.
January 31st, 2013, 11:20 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry but I had to laugh at the painted cat/dog. Before you get mad at me for it, two of my kids (when they were younger) got into latex house paint while I was in the shower and got it EVERYWHERE. Thankfully we had leather furniture so it came off pretty easy. Getting it out of my daughter's hair, not so great. They even put a washcloth in there to spread it around more. Ugh...

ANYWAY, they make those little door alarms, you should get one for his door. That way you can hear when he gets up. Or if you don't shut his door, put all the dangerous/important stuff in certain cupboards and put the alarm on hat. They even sell them at the dollar store here, so you can find them very inexpensively.

My husband had a video game obsession for a while too, and I cured it by trading all the games that caused problems to the Game Stop here for credit. We moved the system down into the kids' playroom. He'll even admit that he was a complete d-bag during that time, now that it's over with.. He was a little mad about the waste of money, since obviously we didn't get full credit on a used game, but he got over it and has a more healthy hobby. Now he goes fishing during the spring-fall. He is outside, hanging out with actual people, and bringing home food for our family **** near almost every time he goes out.

I'm sorry your body isn't cooperating. I don't know you enough to tell you not to try for another baby, or to go to counseling or anything, so I wont.

February 27th, 2013, 09:33 AM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hate to hear your going through a rough time. Have there been any major changes in your household that could have triggered the behavior from your son? Does he ever see his biological father? Alot of times even little changes can trigger kids behavior in acting out to get attention esp if they have been well behaved before. I by no means want to judge or critize you as far as trying to have another baby. But I do agree with some of the previous post that you should work on your marriage with your husband first and deal with your son and whatever may be going on with him before you focus on having another baby. All of the stress you are under would not be good for you being pregnant. I am sorry you don't have any friends nearby to talk to. Feel free to PM anytime if you just need someone to talk to. I hope your having a better day today!
*Jennifer* likes this.
February 27th, 2013, 04:58 PM
MzzMommaD's Avatar Sleepy Rat Rattery
No he has not seen him since he was 5 months old. We are in the process of a step parent adoption in fact. I will not ever allow that unstable abusive man to harm myself or my son again. Or even risk the possibility. As of lately we SEEM to be working things out. We have focused on things we can do together. We have been making a huge garden in the yard. It seems to really help him to be able to go outside and work in the dirt and know that he has company. He seems much more motivated lately. Its really nice.

February 28th, 2013, 07:22 AM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hate to hear about the biological dad being abusive my first husband was very abusive so i can understand being in a similar situation. The adoption sounds great! I am glad things are going better for you I love to garden as well im glad your DS likes this activity sometimes just finding things to occupy them gets them over these little spells and growing stages they go through! Hope everything continues to go good for you!
February 28th, 2013, 09:24 AM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzMommaD View Post
No he has not seen him since he was 5 months old. We are in the process of a step parent adoption in fact. I will not ever allow that unstable abusive man to harm myself or my son again. Or even risk the possibility. As of lately we SEEM to be working things out. We have focused on things we can do together. We have been making a huge garden in the yard. It seems to really help him to be able to go outside and work in the dirt and know that he has company. He seems much more motivated lately. Its really nice.

Glad you and your husband are working things out. Sounds like things are moving in the right direction.

Thanks to Nicole *MommaDucks* for my siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search