daddy issues

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2013, 05:00 PM
ducksaresnazzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my parents have been married for almost 15 years. i'm 17, was the flower girls in their wedding. the past four years he's been having an affair with his ex girlfriend. we'll call her K, for conversation. K was my dad's first girlfriend, and claims that it's fate that brought them together after all these years, and they're soul mates. my parents have three kids together, and K has 3 kids by 3 men.

dad has been moving between our houses for two years. her three kids (14ish, 12ish, and 9ish) call him dad- even though they see their bio dads every weekend. he hasn't seen me or my sisters in weeks, doesn't text us, doesn't call us, doesn't try to interact with us. i'm pregnant and he hasn't reacted to it at all, other than to tell me that by making him a grandpa before 40, i ruined him as a bachelor. uhm, you're married? who cares about your romantic eligibility?

so, anyway, i've decided to cut him out of my life and my daughter's life. i'm not going to tell him because then he'll get all offended for about seven minutes, then he'll have some important thing to do, he'll talk to me later, and we'll never talk again anyway. i'm so sick of his drama. i want him to man up and be the father he's supposed to be. now that i'm having a child of my own, family has a renewed sense of importance in my life, and i'd hate for him to miss his first grandchild (the only child i'm having) because of his immaturity and selfishness.

it's just kind of a sad irony that a seventeen year old pregnant girl can rely more on her baby daddy then her own dad, but eh, that's the world today i guess.
December 17th, 2013, 10:37 AM
rachelc0's Avatar 2 sons, 3 angel babies
i can relate. my bio father was in and out of my life starting at age 3. which was hard because, well kids need fathers. then he disappeared when i was about 9. stopped calling. stopped sending gifts (he rarely did those anyways) and was just gone. my mother moved us from california to minnesota where her new husband (my FORMER stepfather) was originally from. at 16 bio just popped back into my life. my mom really didn't care if we had a relationship or not but for some reason it pissed my step father off so we had to hide texts and phone calls with our father which i thought was ridic.

it seemed weird though that he would randomly pop back in when i was a teenager so i was pretty hesitant for YEARS. it's taken a long time, but at age 24, we now have a good relationship. my mom and him have a good friendship (mostly because she kicked cheating step to the curb).

basically, you never know. he may smarten up and want to be apart of your lives. maybe he thinks with you being 17 you don't need him around as much, so you should try to remind him of that. especially with a grandbaby on the way. explain to him that if he wants to be a positive role in her life, he can't be popping in and out.

good luck to you xxx

10/06/2008 - Miscarriage @ 6wks
12/08/2009 - Healthy Baby Boy
11/02/2011 - Healthy Baby Boy
06/09/2014 - Stillborn @ 39wks 6days
08/09/2014 - Miscarriage @ 5wks
09/03/2014 - Chemical Pregnancy
December 21st, 2013, 06:17 PM
ducksaresnazzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
since you commented back i feel like i should update you:

since this post, he's cut off contact with his girlfriend completely. my boyfriend and i actually were the ones who picked him up from her house the last time. he had so many bags of clothes my trunk was almost full. he was still real distant with me though, choosing to talk to me through my boyfriend, who he carpooled to work with every day. when my daughter was born 3 weeks ago though he was enchanted. he's the one here with us during the weekdays and he's been a huge help to me. he's still very awkward with me though, but we're talking, and that's all i really wanted.
December 23rd, 2013, 09:28 AM
rachelc0's Avatar 2 sons, 3 angel babies
oh well that's great! it's amazing how quickly those little babies can turn peoples whole personality around

10/06/2008 - Miscarriage @ 6wks
12/08/2009 - Healthy Baby Boy
11/02/2011 - Healthy Baby Boy
06/09/2014 - Stillborn @ 39wks 6days
08/09/2014 - Miscarriage @ 5wks
09/03/2014 - Chemical Pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search