don't judge people's labor/delivery choices!

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By rachelc0
  • 2 Post By mindy scott
  • 1 Post By rachelc0
  • 1 Post By Rainbow Momma
  • 1 Post By rachelc0

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2013, 12:53 PM
rachelc0's Avatar 2 sons, 3 angel babies
when i was pregnant with Kale, i just knew i wanted that epidural. i'm a huge whimp, so by the time i got to the hospital, i BEGGED for it.

one of my ... well we'll call her a friend. she isn't really, just kinda someone i know, had a baby due a few weeks after Kale. so after i had him she was asking me all kinds of questions about labor and delivery and what to expect.

she had asked if i used medication and i was like 'yes i did'. oh man, this girl! i would have thought that i had told some really offensive joke or something because she raked me over the coals about how selfish i was injecting my baby with that medicine and it just screws the kids up and why didn't i just grit through the pain. i was like sweetheard you have NO idea what labor pain is like, but you just wait. she said she wasn't going to do anything like that, she wanted to have an orgasmic birth.

4 weeks later, she gives birth. she had an epidural.

really??

you tore me a knew one, then did it yourself. she told friends on facebook that the pain was too intense and her partner wasn't helping manage the pain, blah blah blah. whatever you still used an epidural, just own it.

if you can/will/have done a birth medication free, my hats off to you. that is an amazing feat. but i can't and i didn't. so don't judge me about it.

10/06/2008 - Miscarriage @ 6wks
12/08/2009 - Healthy Baby Boy
11/02/2011 - Healthy Baby Boy
06/09/2014 - Stillborn @ 39wks 6days
08/09/2014 - Miscarriage @ 5wks
09/03/2014 - Chemical Pregnancy
February 5th, 2014, 08:33 PM
mindy scott's Avatar I love being me :)
People like her really urk me ! Yea I did have 2 unmedicated births but to be honest it was only because i was more terrified of needles then the pain was bad. So the pain was worth it to me to not have that needle in my back lol. Did I have the best birth no I was racked with pain that made me swear so much the nurse had her hand over my mouth lmao . I dont think people should judge each other on their birth choices because its not them. You to me are more brave because you did get that needle in your back I couldn't do it ohhh no lol . You probably have a great birth story too because of it.
Rainbow Momma and rachelc0 like this.

February 6th, 2014, 08:34 AM
LOL that needle was a beautiful thing! i am not as scared of needles as i was, but i hate them. ... yet i have six tattoos...

during my birthing classes they showed us all of the stuff, the needle, all of that. but i found out that you don't hardly feel it. they numb your back before raming that 10ft needle in there. the worst part to me is when they yanked off the sticker on my back to keep the medicine tube in place. THAT hurt lol
mindy scott likes this.

February 6th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Rainbow Momma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Preach girl!

Us womaen just judge each other for every little thing. Its YOUR pregnacy and YOUR labor. As long as its not hurting the baby. why judge? and if im not mistaken there is no medical proof that an epidural even effects the baby. you do want you want to do!
mindy scott likes this.
Mom to Ryden, Angel in Heavan 5/21/10

February 7th, 2014, 08:21 AM
i think all births are beautiful whether done at home or in the hospital, in a bath/pool or in a bed, or even standing up/squatting. my girlfriend a few years back gave birth at home with a midwife in a kiddie pool. that doesn't make me better than her by any means, but it does make her stronger than i am lol
Rainbow Momma likes this.

February 8th, 2014, 07:43 PM
mindy scott's Avatar I love being me :)
still ouch ! lol You are brave woman !!! lol I say that and yet I have 3 tats as well and 15 piercings lol

July 2nd, 2014, 08:25 PM
stiletto_mom's Avatar Regular
LOL What's an orgasmic birth!?
July 3rd, 2014, 04:01 PM
Super Mommy
I definitely had an epidural. There was never any doubt in my mind that i would. Because of the epidural, I had no pain and I have no bad memories of my childbirth. We were telling jokes with my OB the entire 2.5 hours of pushing.

My best frind had a baby 7 months later. She was very anti epidural. She never reamed me for having one, but she definitely made comments about how awesome she was for planning on doing it without. She didnt get the epidural but she had a horrible delivery. I think it really affected her ability to bond with her child. For the first 4 months the child was alive, I never heard her make a positive statement about her child or being a mom. I really worried about her.

Everyone has to make the decision that is right for them. I will definitely be having an epidural again if I have a second child.
July 4th, 2014, 12:34 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My first I had an epi. My second I had no drugs. There were pro's and con's to both. But if I have another (doubtful) I won't be using meds again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search