i LOATHE peeple that do hit & runs

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By rachelc0
  • 1 Post By katylady
  • 1 Post By rachelc0

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 30th, 2014, 09:14 AM
rachelc0's Avatar 2 sons, 3 angel babies
i work in insurance, so i see hit and runs A LOT. more than there really should be. typically, we see people that will be door-dinged in a parking lot by an unknown person, or maybe a little dent. its frustrating for everybody around because although your insurance policy covers your undetermined damage, if you have just liability (no collision) then there is no coverage, and if you do have collision, you're responsible for your deductible.

my boss and i park on a side street near our office and i hate it because its a scummy road with not so good people that live there. we cannot have a parking lot because of the way our office is situated (nestled in with other buildings) and we can't park out front because the city has determined it 30min parking. i've worked here for 3 years and i've already had my license plate stolen off my car (i'm sure some delinquant did that) and my car is always snowed in by the snow plows.

after working all day, my boss and i were walking out to the street to leave and we were joking because as nice and new as my car is, it sometimes doesn't start when there has been a cold wind blowing so i kept saying how i was praying it would start. we have a rule that if the other person's headlights are NOT on, we don't leave, in case there is a problem. i got in my car and it started right up so i was getting ready to leave when i look out my rearview and see my boss standing in the middle of the road, staring at his car. after about a minute, i opened my door again and yelled "whats the matter?!" he says "somebody hit my car!!" a few months ago he bought a brand-spanking-new nissan altima. i didn't believe him so i got out and walked to his car to see that his driver's door had been backed into pretty badly. and he was pissed.

we walked up and down the street checking the cars to see if any of them had a little damage, not a one did. of course as the insurance agent he has coverage, but the damage came to $2400 and he is out his $500 ded. the statistic in MN is that 1 in 5 drivers is uninsured which is a scary thought. seriously, if you bump someone's parked car, have the decency to leave your name number and insurance info!!
Rainbow Momma likes this.

10/06/2008 - Miscarriage @ 6wks
12/08/2009 - Healthy Baby Boy
11/02/2011 - Healthy Baby Boy
06/09/2014 - Stillborn @ 39wks 6days
08/09/2014 - Miscarriage @ 5wks
January 30th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Rainbow Momma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That stuff makes me sooo mad! and i dont even work for an insurance company. My old car ( an 03 monte carlo ss) got broken into 3 times! 3!! each time the busted the window out. it was bad enough that they stole stuff out of my car but then i have to go and fix my window. one time they busted 2! realy?! as a broke college student i was not really able to afford to fish out $200-$400 to get my windows fixed
Mom to Ryden, Angel in Heavan 5/21/10

January 30th, 2014, 11:36 AM
i had my window busted out last winter during an ice storm while i was inside kohls. they wanted my purse which was on the floor of my pass. seat. when i have the kids with me (which i did) i only bring my wallet in which has a wristlet so that i don't have to drag a purse in everywhere i go.

so yeah they took my kohls purse, make up, some tampons, and maybe like 30cents at the bottom. i was like really you broke my window for that??

February 1st, 2014, 10:54 AM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had my tampons taken from my car along with my wallet and prescription sunglasses a few months back. I wonder what they thought when they opened up the bag of tampons and pantyliners and then tried on the glasses that only would help an almost blind person to be wearing.
rachelc0 likes this.
February 3rd, 2014, 07:53 AM
the joke may be on them, while out on a date driving past where we park our cars, i saw a truck with damage done to the rear end (we think a truck or crossover/SUV backed into his car). took pics, called bossman and we're waiting for the police to fill us in.
katylady likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search