Mom Vent

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Super Mommy
I just need to vent for a second. I was close to my mother until 7th grade. In 7th grade, my 18 year old sister got pregnant. My sister needed my mom's help more than I did (I was very self sufficient) so my mom started spending all of her time with my sister. My sister and niece have continued to live with my parents. My niece is now 15. During that time, my mom has been there for everything my sister or niece needed. However, when I need her it is too inconvenient. She didnt show up to my wedding because it was at an inconvenient time. When I separated from my ex and I asked her to come stay with me for the weekend she said she couldnt because my niece had as soccer game. When I bought my first house, she couldnt come to the house warming party because my niece had a soccer game and they wanted to shop afterward.

Fast forward to now. Last week my niece had a doctors appointment. It wasnt for anything serious. My mom took a day off of work so that my sister wouldnt have to go to the doctors appointment on her own. Today I scheduled my daughter (1.5years) for adenoid surgery. This is my first child and her first surgery so I am an emotional wreck even though I know this is a routine procedure. I asked her to come to the surgery to be with me and she told me it wasnt covenient for her. It just hurts so bad that she i not there for me. I have told her this before but I havent gotten anywhere with it.
August 29th, 2014, 03:41 PM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs....sounds like your a strong woman. On that note, you will always want your mom during a stressful time. I'm sorry your mom isn't their for you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search