Sometimes I swear ...

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2004, 09:23 PM
I Heart 4x4
I want to throttle my husband. Grr.

Okay, I took him with me shopping. I normally buy him turkey slices for his sandwiches at lunch. Well he decided he wanted chicken strips - which okay, that's fine. It's like $4 more (making it $10) but okay, that's cool.

Well, this particular brand of chicken strips literally tastes like dirty socks (don't ask how I know that). Put it on bread, and I am thinking "ew, nasty." But, Randy picked it out, we spent $10 on it, so he needs to eat it. Well, he doesn't like the way it tastes either, so instead of eating the sandwiches I get up and make him (2-3 a day depending on how many hours he works and what kind of bread I use) ... well, he just doesn't eat it and says "oh give it to me tomorrow" and then the next day he says "those sandwiches are old, I'm not eatin' 'em!".

This week alone he has wasted like 10 sandwiches doing this, and it is really pissing me off!!! I only get $300 a month for food and here he is wasting it. Think about it - the bread, the meat itself, the mustard and mayonnaise.... all going down the drain. He literally didn't eat for two days straight because he didn't want to eat soup and he didn't want the sandwiches. HOW DUMB CAN YOU GET!?!?!

Then he calls me tonight and says "whats for dinner?" ... I tell him "chicken parmesan, some noodles and pasta sauce, and a salad". Which oh yeah, I made like last freakin week and he LOVED it. Well he says "um yeah, so like, tacos?"

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. :soapbox: (me without the soap box)

It makes me mad to no end! I go out of my way to make him healthy foods, and I get out of bed each day early with him so he has a nice home packed lunch with a love note and all ... and this is how he shows his appreciation. I can't even remember the last time he thanked me for anything, let alone cooking him a meal or packing his lunch. It's so stupid, but it's getting to the point where I'm really getting frustrated.

And then, he's talking to me tonight just now (he's still at work) ... and he's trying to tell me to put that dirty sock chicken in food and he'll eat it. I'm like you won't eat it, you've said yourself it tastes bad - Danny won't even let it get near him because he doesn't like the way it smells (for those of you who don't know, Danny is our trash compacter, that kid will eat anything). Finally he tells me to quit yelling at him (which I wasn't), so I finally just hung up on him and turned off my stupid cell phone so he couldn't call me.

:boxing: Roar! :soapbox:

***hormones raging***

I am thinking about leaving him a note telling him to eat the dirty sock chicken and just going to bed and not even waiting up for him. Tomorrow he has to go to work at 5am (which means waking up at 3:30am, which means about 4 hours of sleep for him) ...

I do EVERYTHING for my husband. Everything. Without me, he would starve and wear wrinkled, dirty clothes. Yeah, he notices when the house is clean and tells me it looks nice, but WTH, a "THANK YOU" would be nice every once in a while.

GRRRRR. :boxing:
September 16th, 2004, 09:53 PM
ranidae
Feeling for you......it does suck doen't it when food gets wasted? Of course I really dont deal with that from Jon, more Krystle. I also know a little TY is a wonderful thing, maybe out hubbies will get a clue from the new Citibank commercials
September 16th, 2004, 10:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
JOE HAS DONE THIS! Last week I made him meatload and some other stuff and had it on the table for him when he came home he said, and I QUOTE 'this is good, lets have it next week'
I made it for him yesterday and he HASN'T TOUCHED IT!! I'm eating the whole stupid thing slowly by myself. I feel for you hun I really do
September 16th, 2004, 10:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
LOL....You crack me up Ashley. Sounds like your hubby needs a good kick in the pants. Believe me, I would love to do it to my hubby sometimes too. I get the unappreciativeness (is that even a word??? Oh well!) as well. Makes you want to strangle em, doesn't it. Let him eat the dirty sock chicken and wear dirty socks for a while. Maybe he will start to appreciate you then. You know what the most annoying thing is, at least for me, no matter how mad you get at them, you can't stay mad long because they always do something cute or great to break your mood. LOL....Men, gotta love em!

September 17th, 2004, 05:04 AM
Ma2RayPooh
LOL I would kick Justins BUTT! I dont do everything for Justin. He does a lot on his own. lol I will cook and clean the house but I dont pack him lunches nor do I iron his uniform for work! i always tell him your the one that signed the dotted line to be in the military i am not ironing your BDUs. although let me not lie to you all i did do it ONE time and well i am not good at that at all!!!!!! i dont think he would even let me do it again! hahaha
September 17th, 2004, 05:24 AM
zonapellucida
MEN!!! I gave up making DH linch ages ago--and making him healthy luches at that. He prefers balogna over turkey breast EWWWWWW. As for waste that burns my ***** too!
September 17th, 2004, 05:55 AM
TheGeneralsGal
Quote:
I do EVERYTHING for my husband. Everything. Without me, he would starve and wear wrinkled, dirty clothes. Yeah, he notices when the house is clean and tells me it looks nice, but WTH, a "THANK YOU" would be nice every once in a while[/b]
My advice? Go on strike. Been there. Done that. Got the shirt. Brian had no clean clothes and no dinner when he came home. He freaked he called off a day of work to get his crap together. He couldnt go to work in dirty clothes. I didn't clean up any part of his mess. By the end of the week, he was singing a different tune.
September 17th, 2004, 06:18 AM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((((((HUGS)))))))))
You both have a great relationship together. I know you will work this out!

GOD BLESS & TAKE CARE!

September 17th, 2004, 08:28 AM
alyssasmommy2001
Sorry to hear that he made you mad. I can't say I have this problem. I do all of the cooking, (MY CHOICE, I don't want to eat what HE cooks, b/c he can't cook anything except like omelets which obviously would get old fast, lol.) but we split housework 50/50. Actually, I have been thanking him a lot lately, and feeling bad b/c I can't do as much anymore, so he is doing practically everything around here.

I don't think they can appreciate it until they have to do it, KWIM?
September 17th, 2004, 08:40 AM
I Heart 4x4
Quote:
Originally posted by marinewifee2004@Sep 17 2004, 06:55 AM
My advice? Go on strike. Been there. Done that. Got the shirt. Brian had no clean clothes and no dinner when he came home. He freaked he called off a day of work to get his crap together. He couldnt go to work in dirty clothes. I didn't clean up any part of his mess. By the end of the week, he was singing a different tune.
That's hilarious. LOL.

Randy actually ended up showing up early from work last night as a "suprise" for me - he thought the cell phones had cut out, he didn't even know I was mad! MEN!

But, we sat down and hashed things out. I told him that I felt unappreciated and that he doesnt' thank me ever and etc. etc. etc. ....

He apologized, and we made up. I was so mad I didn't even want him to touch me! But, of course we worked things out and I'm not mad anymore. But it got to the point where I was trying to throw a $20 bill at him so he could buy his own lunch and get fat and have a heart attack and a huge gut. He laughed at me when I went off on him, because it was pretty funny.

But yeah, we made up and it's all good now. He gets off at 7pm tonight, so, we will see if we do anything special tonight. I think he wants to cook me dinner.
September 17th, 2004, 08:42 AM
mom2one's Avatar Super Mommy
Ashley, if the chicken tasted bad, smelled bad...it may have been no good. You should have returned it to the store, I know they would have refunded no questions asked. They don't mind, they are richer than you...they can afford to give you your money back!!

Also, and I love my dh to death, but I don't pack him a lunch. He does that himself. Also, he writes down what he wants from the store on a list, and that is what he gets. He is a creature of habit though, it's the same things. This way, I don't feel under appreciated or resent him for all I do. They just aren't going to say thank you for everything we do for them. And I accept that, I don't look for thank yous. But I also let him take care of himself too, men can get very lazy when we do everything for them...that leads to under appreciated. So I don't break my back for the man anymore. Some things he can just do himself. Lunch is one of them. I still wash all his clothes and take care of him...but he can do for himself too. Anyway, just my take on things
September 17th, 2004, 08:43 AM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
(((HUGS)))

September 17th, 2004, 10:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
nor do I iron his uniform for work! i always tell him your the one that signed the dotted line to be in the military i am not ironing your BDUs.[/b]
LOL...my hubby wouldn't even let me come near his! They had to be just perfect, and I couldn't do it right apparently. He's a perfectionist.

September 20th, 2004, 06:33 AM
Texas Mom
Oh yeah...sooooo know how you feel! Glad at least it worked out! My DH has this crazy way of sleeping and when he wakes up in the morning...he's like...problems? What problems? Fight? What are you talking about? That is when I really feel like bringing the gloves out!

Way to go alyssasmommy...holy cow! I'd keel over if my DH was 50/50....he probably would too!
September 27th, 2004, 12:14 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
I know how you feel!! I go through the same with my DH!! It is insane on how much food gets wasted!!! Is this a man thing?? He makes all these requests for stuff and then never eats half of it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search