Bye Bye Kitty!

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2004, 09:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am gonna kill my cat. Well, actually, it's DH's cat. He got him while we were engaged. He is the meanest cat ever! He bites and scratches. He even got ahold of my 20 month old nephew one day, and all my nephew was doing was hugging him, not even hard. He loves dogs and cats! He was just trying to be affectionate, and the stupid cat bit him and scratched him. He's done it to me many times too. He is an inside/outside cat (neutered), and we are always finding dead birds in our yard and on the porch. Tonight was the clincher. He caught a baby bunny. I had to sit and listen to that thing squeal because I couldn't make him let it go. I know it's a natural instinct and all, but I just can't stand to listen to it. I can't even stand to watch the Discovery channel when they have lions catching prey. *shivers* I am so mad! I've had it. My husband better be finding him a good home because I am sick of the stupid thing. I'm kicking him out (the cat, not my husband). Anybody need a cat???

September 21st, 2004, 09:49 PM
I Heart 4x4
Ew! Not me! I hate cats!
September 22nd, 2004, 03:50 AM
Goodnu2003's Avatar Veteran
I dont need or want a cat!!!! But I hope he finds a good home for him.....

September 22nd, 2004, 04:13 AM
oreokitten
I like cats, but you didn't really sell that one to me too well, lmao! Hope you find him a good home.
September 22nd, 2004, 12:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, I finally woke my husband up and made him go out there because I couldn't take it anymore. He got the cat to let go of the bunny, and it's back was skinned up, but it was otherwise okay. We have it in the garage in a box, and we are feeding it and fixing up it's wounds. When it gets big enough and well enough, we are going to take it out in the country and let it go. Then, at about 3 AM, I heard screaming again. My mom went out, followed by my hubby, and he had caught another baby bunny. He must have found a nest or something. Mom got him away from the bunny and it hopped away. It was skinned up too, she said, and she tried to find it, but she couldn't. I hope it's okay. We made him come in and haven't let him out since. I am going to try to find him a good home in the country. He loves to be outside and would make a great barn cat, catching mice and rats. Hopefully, we have some luck.

September 22nd, 2004, 12:28 PM
Texas Mom
I'll take him! Reminds me of my "Little Kitty." Little Kitty use to catch snakes and kill them! He'd even catch the darn gophers that tear up my yard and run `em outta there! Scared the be-gee-beez out of me, but that isn't what killed my Little Kitty....he got hit by a car... I miss that cat! Although that would make me mad if he had a bunny!
September 22nd, 2004, 01:08 PM
kikimama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to kikimama Send a message via Yahoo to kikimama
I would kill the cat too!! Good luck finding a home for it!!
September 22nd, 2004, 04:15 PM
alyssasmommy2001
Awwww, poor bunnies! I don't blame you for wanting to get rid of him, especially if he is aggresive towards children. Good luck finding him a good home!!!!!!!!!
September 22nd, 2004, 08:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, despite our best efforts, the bunny died. I am so upset, and because of these stupid pregnancy hormones, I cried. LOL I kind of felt silly. It's not like it had been a treasured family pet for years, but I just couldn't help myself. Poor bunny. At least he's not suffering anymore. I could just kick myself for not waking my husband up sooner. He may have lived if I had. Oh well....nothing I can do about it now.

September 22nd, 2004, 10:00 PM
I Heart 4x4
Awww Don't worry, I would have cried too. Any luck getting rid of the cat? I think you can take it to the local shelter ... it may be euthanized there though, not too sure. Seems like that cats a menace!
September 22nd, 2004, 10:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No luck yet. I told DH to start looking around. I won't take him to a shelter though because I am afraid he will be euthanised. As mad as I am at the little turd, I would hate for that to happen. I do love him anyway. I guess if we don't find him a home, we are stuck with him, so I really hope we will find him a good home.

September 23rd, 2004, 08:46 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to MaddysMom Send a message via Yahoo to MaddysMom
Well I really don't want to defend the cat - however I am an avid cat lover! But I do know this - outside/inside cats will show their "loyalty" and "love" for their owners by leaving them "offerings" (such as dead animals), normally at the places where they know their owners enter their homes, ie the front doorstep or porch, just because they want their owners to find it. We have four cats, 2 of which are full time outside cats and do not do this, but my two indoor/outdoor cats leave me "presents" all the time! I am all the time finding birds, mice, and other small animals at the main entrances to my home. Now, don't get me wrong, I do feel bad for their victims, but I know where the cat is coming from. Plus, that is just natural for them to hunt other animals. They may be domesticated, but they are still animals!

Oh, about the aggressiveness (biting and scratching) - I won't defend that!

JMO...don't get offended!

<center><font face="verdana,arial,sans-serif" size="1" color="black">Makenna or Mason on the way!</font>
</center>
September 23rd, 2004, 09:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh, don't worry. I am not offended. I know it is a natural cat instinct to hunt and kill and even leave offerings. When it was just birds, it didn't really bother me so much. The bunnies just killed me though. If you're a cat lover, you know that they don't just kill instantly. They have to play with it first. He had had that bunny for at least an hour I guess, and still hadn't killed it. He was just skinning it alive, basically. (TMI) I realize he is just being a cat. We had another cat once that used to leave dead squirrels on our porch all the time. I guess it didn't bother me so much because I never had to hear him kill them. I think that's what bothered me this time is that he brought it in our yard, and I had to listen to it scream. Anyway, I am not offended or upset. Like I said, I realize it's just instinct. I really do love this cat a lot. I mean, it would kill me if anything ever happened to him. I just think he would be happier in the country where he could hunt mice in a barn all day. If I can't find him a home like that, I plan on keeping him. Like I said, I love him despite his meanness.

September 23rd, 2004, 09:31 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to MaddysMom Send a message via Yahoo to MaddysMom
Good I'm glad I didn't offend. And I am also glad that you aren't gonna take him to a shelter, because you are right - they would put him down. I am sure he would be so much happier in a country setting, and I would take him if I could, lol! But just so you know, I feel the same way when it comes to them killing things. It completely grosses me out to find it, and yeah you can tell they "played" with it first. Oh and I also know that those preggy hormones don't help! But hugs to you, and I hope you find him a good home!

<center><font face="verdana,arial,sans-serif" size="1" color="black">Makenna or Mason on the way!</font>
</center>
September 28th, 2004, 12:40 PM
crazylady
OMG!!! i dont care if im preggo or not i still wouldve cried!! i even cried when i saw that videotape on the news recently of the british guy whose being held captive in iraq beggin for his life and that stupid prime minister could care less!! its just weird how im living my life right now with the little problems i do have and at the same time someone is gonna get beheaded and begs for his country to save him and they wont! ok im off the subject oops sorry but i LOVE kittys, i would be really hurt if i woke up and saw anything laying dead on the porch, well actually i had a pigeons nest right outside my window and the poor thing mustve crashed into the window..like the windex commercial...because he was dead on the ground right under the window!! i had to bury it it was soo sad of course with gloves and all but i still buried it...i would take your kitty but i dont live in the country....hope things get better

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search