Dh's Job...when it rains it pours!!

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2004, 12:22 PM
tig2ger4lifemommy
I just got off the phone with him and found out that by some fluke his time card & his clock in time didn't match on one day, CAUSING him to be LATE and earn a point. All he has to do is SNEEZE the wrong way and he may not have a job, if he even still has it!!!

I'm SOOOOO mad at his company!! HE has bent over backwards put the job first when he shouldn't have and done everything he could to be a valuable employee! NOW because of a mess up he could lose his job! It took him about a yr to find this job after losing his last one over our DD & me being seriously sick. He is very upset and tired of the run around this company has given him and what makes me even madder is this will really affect him & then our relationship!

Getting off rant/soapbox...... :soapbox:

I slept bad last night because of somethings and now this.... :bricks: When it rains it pours!!!!!!!
October 4th, 2004, 12:44 PM
mom2one's Avatar Super Mommy
Earn a point? What kind of company......

That sounds waaay to stressful. I am so sorry his job is like that. My dh has been fired from his job twice, but got it back. What does that tell ya....fired unjustly! Those two times have been the hardest. He would have to wait two weeks for a board meeting to state his case...blah, blah, blah. Just wrong that he has to go sniveling for his job back! I was soo tempted to sell our house and move up North where it's cheaper to live and forget all this stressful job crap!

I feel your pain.
October 4th, 2004, 02:06 PM
tig2ger4lifemommy
Quote:
Originally posted by mom2one@Oct 4 2004, 02:44 PM

That sounds waaay to stressful. I am so sorry his job is like that. My dh has been fired from his job twice, but got it back. What does that tell ya....fired unjustly! Those two times have been the hardest. He would have to wait two weeks for a board meeting to state his case...blah, blah, blah. Just wrong that he has to go sniveling for his job back! I was soo tempted to sell our house and move up North where it's cheaper to live and forget all this stressful job crap!

I feel your pain.
Tomorrow he will find out since the HR manger is gone what will happen.

1. A day off with warning

2. A warning*doubt this one*

3. Loss of job

We think those are the options. #2 isn't likely, but we could hope, yet this job has been really stressful for him and I think he needs something elses as a job. But he won't consider looking. ((Sigh))
October 4th, 2004, 06:55 PM
alyssasmommy2001
I'm sorry. I hope things get better for you, and that DH keeps his job.
October 4th, 2004, 10:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry about your hubby's job! There is a factory in our town like that, where you get points. I think it's crazy because they give you points for every little thing. (My BIL worked there before they moved) It's ridiculous how some companies operate. I hope everything works out for you guys!!! ((((HUGS))))

October 5th, 2004, 02:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That stinks! I hope everything works out ok for your hubby. (((Hugs)))
Proud mom to my little kookaburra, Alden (03/02). #2 due 06/16/05

October 5th, 2004, 06:21 AM
Ma2RayPooh
wow some companies have some weird ways of working!! I hope everything turns out the best.
October 5th, 2004, 04:31 PM
tig2ger4lifemommy
Nothing was said, so they let him off with just the talk from his boss. WOW!!

I'm shocked!!!! But DH is still waiting for the other shoe to drop!
October 5th, 2004, 05:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad things worked out and that your DH got to keep his job. I hope things continue to go well for him and your family.

October 6th, 2004, 03:23 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
I am glad to hear that nothing has happened so far! It has got to be so stressful at your place right now! I can only imagine the number of ulcers you guys have!! Hang in there!!!!
October 7th, 2004, 09:51 PM
Stephanee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally posted by tig2ger4lifemommy+Oct 4 2004, 04:06 PM-->
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-mom2one
Quote:
@Oct 4 2004, 02:44 PM

That sounds waaay to stressful.* I am so sorry his job is like that. My dh has been fired from his job twice, but got it back. What does that tell ya....fired unjustly! Those two times have been the hardest.* He would have to wait two weeks for a board meeting to state his case...blah, blah, blah.* Just wrong that he has to go sniveling for his job back! I was soo tempted to sell our house and move up North where it's cheaper to live and forget all this stressful job crap!

I feel your pain.
Tomorrow he will find out since the HR manger is gone what will happen.

1. A day off with warning

2. A warning*doubt this one*

3. Loss of job

We think those are the options. #2 isn't likely, but we could hope, yet this job has been really stressful for him and I think he needs something elses as a job. But he won't consider looking. ((Sigh)) [/b]
it sounds like elementry school when you pull cards... he deserves to find a better job... good luck

October 9th, 2004, 10:05 PM
crazylady
it SUCKS you had to go through all of that CRAP...i hope things work out A WHOLE LOT BETTER in the end

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search