I hate this!!! $$$ problem

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2004, 10:30 AM
tig2ger4lifemommy
Ok, the company tells DH to call on the 8th and he can pay and catch us up and we will be ok....GOOD right....

NOT

He calls on the 8th and finds out in "the system says the 5th" and therefore we have to pay everything, which includes his old bill before we were MARRIED, which is like four yrs old all off.

Almost $800 dollars!!!!

We get 10 days after our notice comes to pay! We don't even make that in ONE paycheck!!!

Plus they want a deposit! AGGHHH!!!!!!!!

We can't get this money and used Liheap already.

No electricty and we get evicted!!! :bricks:

I just want to cry!! The notice will be here any day and I'm no closer to an answer then before!!

October 13th, 2004, 10:34 AM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh no. Is there someone you can borrow money from? Or do you have some stuff you can sell on ebay or pawn? That is awful. I wish you guys the best. I hope you come up with a solution!!!

October 13th, 2004, 10:34 AM
BluesCluesMom
Becky...I believe that in most states there is a law that says that households with children under the age of 5 cannot have their power shut off.

I also believe that you can get a note from your physician stating that it would be dangerous to have your power shut off for you and their kids!!
October 13th, 2004, 10:50 AM
tig2ger4lifemommy
Quote:
Originally posted by BluesCluesMom@Oct 13 2004, 12:34 PM
Becky...I believe that in most states there is a law that says that households with children under the age of 5 cannot have their power shut off.

I also believe that you can get a note from your physician stating that it would be dangerous to have your power shut off for you and their kids!!
Mike mentioned the kids and also that I'm disabled and they said we still had to pay!
October 13th, 2004, 12:38 PM
Squirtsmama
Get a note from the doctor we had to I had severe asthma so I needed selectricity for my machine you only have to pay alittle of the bill
October 13th, 2004, 12:43 PM
ranidae
Becky,
Where do you live? Most places have energy assitance programs thru the county or state. Also places like St.Vincent De Paul and Salvation Army will help or other local churches. Most of these programs have a agreement with the power companies that if they help you with any part of your bill the company cannot turn you off. If you let me know where you live I can research it for you if you would like, I am pretty good at finding assistance programs.
October 13th, 2004, 01:44 PM
tig2ger4lifemommy
Quote:
Originally posted by ranidae@Oct 13 2004, 02:43 PM
Becky,
Where do you live? Most places have energy assitance programs thru the county or state. Also places like St.Vincent De Paul and Salvation Army will help or other local churches. Most of these programs have a agreement with the power companies that if they help you with any part of your bill the company cannot turn you off. If you let me know where you live I can research it for you if you would like, I am pretty good at finding assistance programs.
I live in IL.
October 13th, 2004, 02:41 PM
ranidae
Ok here are a few things I have found so far
http://lpshome.northstarnet.org/relacs/energy.html

http://www.erbainc.org/liheap.html

I am not sure what city or county you are in but here is the Chicago site for St. Vincent De Paul.......
http://www.svdpc.org

Here are the disconnection guidelines for IL
http://www.icc.state.il.us/ec/docs/0...disconnect.pdf

I HTH, let me know if you need anything else,
October 13th, 2004, 02:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
i hope you and the family are okay. let us know what you find out.

October 13th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope you're able to work something out!!

(((Hugs)))
Proud mom to my little kookaburra, Alden (03/02). #2 due 06/16/05

October 13th, 2004, 06:57 PM
tig2ger4lifemommy
Mike is going to ask his grandparents to co-sign on a loan that would allow us to also fix up problems in the mobile home. Hopefully they will help. He is asking they either help with the bill or co-sign.....I'm hoping for the later!!!
October 14th, 2004, 01:41 PM
Heavenly's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm so sorry about your troubles.
I really hope everything is works out for you.

October 15th, 2004, 07:51 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
How are things going?? Anything getting any better? Check into charities and see what you can get. I know around here in IN we have township trustees that they will help out with anything from rent, food, to funeral expenses.
October 15th, 2004, 07:55 PM
tig2ger4lifemommy
Quote:
Originally posted by in_mommy@Oct 15 2004, 09:51 PM
How are things going??* Anything getting any better?* Check into charities and see what you can get.* I know around here in IN we have township trustees that they will help out with anything from rent, food, to funeral expenses.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
Dh is to go talk with his grandparents tomorrow. I hate having to ask them for help as there are ALWAYS strings attached.

We really don't have any other options. We are stuck!
October 18th, 2004, 12:44 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
How did the talk go? I hope there aren't too many strings attached to it.
October 18th, 2004, 12:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
i hope everything worked out okay and there are no strings attached. ((hugs))

October 20th, 2004, 09:40 PM
tig2ger4lifemommy
Well, the outcome was a fight. But they paid the bill! So a good outcome. We are having more and more problems with DH's family. I just wish he could see how much they are hurting him! (((SIGH)))

Well, this crisis was avoided. We do have to pay them back and basically Mike was told to grow up! No, no strings but damage was still done....worse then strings!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search