Freaking A!!!!!!!!

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2004, 10:36 PM
I Heart 4x4
I am so sad/angry/upset/disappointed right now!

Today was Danny's 2nd birthday. My parents and my brother and his g/f are supposed to be here this weekend to celebrate. Well, my parents have a dog - Spike is a member of the family. He is our little woofie baby. We had been planning on having them all here - including Spike - just for the weekend. Well I talked to my landlord and she basically hinted that we could get kicked out and/or fined if the dog comes here because in our rental agreement, we signed a special addendum saying no pets!!

So, now my parents most likely aren't coming anymore because there is no one to watch Spike. I was crying earlier - I am so upset about this. I haven't seen them (my parents and Spike) since June, and we've been planning this SINCE like July. We all thought it would be okay for them to be here just for the weekend, but obviously not.

And, we have all this food here. I have enough to make a small feast for the family - enchiladas, homemade Mexican rice, beans, the whole nine. I even made homemade chocolate chip cookies for everyone, and tomorrow I am supposed to make Tasha's special chocolate cake recipe that she gave to me.

My mom is really upset, she started to cry and everything. She really misses Danny and me and Randy ... I am just so bummed out right now.

October 14th, 2004, 11:03 PM
dawn1979
That sucks... Can you ask your landlord again
did you explain how inportant this was to you????
beg and plead...maybe they will understand...
use those big eyes you have!!
October 15th, 2004, 12:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry! That sucks! Maybe you can work something out with your landlord, just this once for the weekend. I hope so. (((HUGS)))

October 15th, 2004, 03:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Could you maybe offer your landlord some extra money to cover the dog for the weekend or maybe offer to pay a "pet deposit" in case the dog damages anything (I assume that's what the landlord is worried about).

Honestly, I'd probably do it anyway and just try to keep the dog out of sight. But then, I think some rules are meant to be broken. I can't believe your landlord would really evict you over something like that.

I hope you can work something out. That would really stink if your parents couldn't come!
Proud mom to my little kookaburra, Alden (03/02). #2 due 06/16/05

October 15th, 2004, 04:46 AM
zonapellucida
Sorry to hear that but rules are rules..........................
October 15th, 2004, 05:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
that sucks. i wonder why it wouldnt be okay just for the weekend. is the dog big? would the landlord even know anything if your mom brought the dog in a tote bag or something. kind of snuck him in. i think as long as he doesnt bark whose to know. anyway.

October 15th, 2004, 08:11 AM
I Heart 4x4
Spike is an airedale terrier ... 60 pounds of massive woofie. There's no way we can sneak him in. And he likes to talk a lot (I mean, bark ) ... sigh. No pet deposit is available either.

Oh well.
October 15th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Darn! I'm sorry! I hate when landlords are jerks like that!

October 15th, 2004, 01:47 PM
I Heart 4x4
Update!

My mom and I chatted this morning, and they've decided to leave early in the morning and drive the 3.5-4 hour drive here, and be here for the day and then go home tomorrow night. So, they aren't staying for 3 days as previously planned, but at least they'll be here for the day!
October 15th, 2004, 02:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's good news! Yay!

October 15th, 2004, 06:29 PM
Alice's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I realize I'm really late with this, but...

for next time, call a vet in your neighborhood and find out where there's a good kennel near you. You'll have to do some homework, but I'm sure there's somewhere near you where Spike can stay at night.
JULIA (2-17-00)
KIRA (2-04-03)
<a href="http://siggiez.com/countdownz/ch/index2.cgi">
October 15th, 2004, 08:37 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
I know that you would hate to have for them to do this, but is there a cheap motel around that would allow dogs? Or, is there any sort of good dog sitters or kennels around where your parents are? A neighbor kid / friend who would like to make a few extra bucks doggie sitting? Just some ideas.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search