Solids weaning anyone?

Forum: Weaning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weaning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2009, 02:04 PM
*Fiona*
I thought it'd be nice to have more threads about solids weaning seeing as I'm at this stage and all the topics I've seen/posted in so far have been about weaning from the breast. Plus there was an invite for here in my PR so hopefully more girls will post in solids threads?

I know we're not all at the same stage and some are well established - but that goes the same for BFing weaning too

What age did you introduce solids to your baby/ies?
How did they take to feeding from a spoon?
What age did you offer finger foods and which foods did you offer?
September 15th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Snowpeas
What age did you introduce solids to your baby/ies? 6 months when she was showing signs of readiness
How did they take to feeding from a spoon? it took her awhile to get the hang of it
What age did you offer finger foods and which foods did you offer? good question. I honestly can't remember. I know we started with those melt in your mouth cereal bite things (sorry I can't remember the name).
September 16th, 2009, 11:50 AM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
great idea!

What age did you introduce solids to your baby/ies?just before 6 months
How did they take to feeding from a spoon?pretty well actually
What age did you offer finger foods and which foods did you offer?i think it was around 8 months. i think we started with crackers but i may be wrong.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

September 17th, 2009, 10:20 AM
*Fiona*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Olivia+Josiah View Post
know we started with those melt in your mouth cereal bite things (sorry I can't remember the name).
Rusk?

I started offering Kirsty Babyrice at 5months as BFing wasnt enough for her. She did 1 week of Babyrice then just switched to fruit puree.

Kirsty took to the spoon really really well, she loved it!!

We are trying finger foods but she doesn't know what to do with it
September 18th, 2009, 03:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
I held off on solids as long as I could - DH's family is big on giving solids no matter what the age of the baby. Seriously, DH was eating a turkey dinner at 4 weeks old and a Big Mac at 2 months. We waited until 4 months, when I couldn't hold him off anymore LOL. We started with baby cereal (rice, then oatmeal).

Dalton took to the spoon very well. He is a professional eater!

I offered him Cheerios around 5 months, I think.

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search