Weaning from BFing: who made the decision?

Forum: Weaning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weaning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2009, 01:22 AM
*Fiona*
Did you make the decision to wean from BFing or did your baby take the lead in this?

In hindsight, I think this was a joint decision for Kirsty & I. She became such a distracted nurser that she ended up only having a good feed before bedtime. I felt ready to wean anyway, and this reduced nursings gave me the courage to do so!
October 9th, 2009, 04:11 AM
Veteran
super cute siggy!

I'm still waiting for my Lo to decide she is ready, I'm fine either way, but I'm leaning towards ready as Dh and I are going to TTC again soon and I want her to be off. SHe is 13 1/2 months old...lol

Thanks Mary for the amazing PR Siggy

Thanks MamaLacey for the wonderful siggy!

October 9th, 2009, 07:39 AM
*Fiona*
Thanks for the siggy comment

WTG You for BFing this long! How many times a day does your LO nurse now?
October 9th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Snowpeas
Olivia made the decision. I am really happy that I was able to bf her until she was ready.
October 9th, 2009, 09:53 AM
*Fiona*
How old was Olivia when she weaned?
October 9th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lurking here. Alexa stopped nursing at almost 9 months. I wasn't ready at all and kept trying to get her back, but she wouldn't have it. We were on a beach trip when she stopped, so I've wondered it it was the taste that had changed (due to the ocean water) or the fact that she was in unfamiliar surroundings for a week, but she was also teething big time and getting ready to crawl, so everything happened at once.

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
October 9th, 2009, 03:03 PM
*Fiona*
Hello & welcome to the board

She really was busy at the time. How was her sleep and solids eating during all that?
October 10th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Snowpeas
Olivia weaned at 18 months so we had a good run
October 11th, 2009, 06:51 AM
*Fiona*
You really did!!! WTG!
October 11th, 2009, 11:55 AM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I made the decision... (well sort of me, sort of my doctor) due to a problem with my pelvis...I had to go on meds that were harmful thru BM...

DD sooooo was not and is not ready, but it's a tough break...

She's been weaned now 1 day No going back!

If it had been my choice, I'd have let her take the lead, but life doesn't always work out how we want it to...

Maybe next time around!
October 11th, 2009, 01:14 PM
*Fiona*
How is she doing?
October 12th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Alexa was sleeping terribly at the time she stopped breastfeeding. She was eating solids well, but I remember she wasn't too interested in bottles much either, but would still take one, but she was done with the breast.

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
October 12th, 2009, 12:22 PM
*Fiona*
You did fab to do 9months of BFing!
October 12th, 2009, 04:14 PM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She's doing okay...she gave me a big old grin yesterday and then tried to pull my shirt down...when I didn't let her, she tried to latch on thru my sports bra and long sleeve t-shirt It makes me sad that she still wants it & I CAN'T give her what she wants. But, better for us both to have a healthy mama!!! Plus, with the 141oz frozen BM, she can have 1 bottle a day until probably 7 or 7 1/2 months!
October 13th, 2009, 01:48 AM
*Fiona*
Bless her, it's all still new to her yet, she'll come through the "looking for the breast" phase. In our early days of weaning, Kirsty would take her dummy/paci and snuggle into me, placing her mouth with her dummy in, close to my breast. She didn't this often but when very tired, it was like she knew we didn't BF anymore but she wanted that little bit of comfort.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search