Whoop !!! Cooking marathon !!!

Forum: Weaning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weaning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2009, 02:32 PM
~* Helen *~'s Avatar A Prince And 2 Princess's
Moo has run out of food ....

Yesterday cooked her carrot and sausage and cheesy broccoli !!

Today have cooked her butternut squash, leek and potato and also tuna, carrot and potato !!

Tomorrow I plan to do a chiken meal and a pork one with diff veg !!

that will be 6 new meals in freezer and she still has a bit of sheperds pie and chicken, apple and potato

Enough to last a few weenks anyway !!!
October 16th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Snowpeas
Wow, great job!!!
October 16th, 2009, 03:46 PM
I love cooking for her !!! I love trying to come up with variosus combinations of different foods !!!
October 17th, 2009, 12:37 AM
*Fiona*
mmmmmm!!!! You can be my mummy too lol!

I did minestrone a few days ago but made it thick so it's not like soup. And did a lentil meal as well. Kirsty loved them both! I wasn't sure what she would think as the lentils are a very different texture!
October 17th, 2009, 01:46 AM
Aww bless her !!!!!

My SIL gave me her annabel Karmel book to borrow so may scan in some recipies that I can keep and do and adapt as she gets older!!!
October 17th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Today I cooked for her ....

butternut squash, leek and potato
pear
butternut squash and courgette
chicken, llek and potato ... although I think I cooked that last night
October 18th, 2009, 10:53 AM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow!!! Helen, Chloe has such a complex pallate already!!! Hazel has only had green beans, rice cereal, apple sauce, & avocado... AMAZING the girls are the same age, but yours is such an advanced eater!!! Hazel still isn't sure of anything from a spoon!!!

It all sounds YUMMY!!!
October 18th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Helen, I forgot to say... it's so nice to see you here!!!
October 18th, 2009, 02:25 PM
*Fiona*
I did some beef stew with veg & potatoes tonight - I love that she can have a bit of what we eat. A few chunks of beef made approx 10 meals. It's quite amazing really!
October 18th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Aww Susan .. it may be my fault not breaking her in as such ... she had a few days of apple and then a then a veg ... after a week she had mixed fruits and veg and then went back to basics as she had funny nappies but later discovered it was teething as 2 popped out
But she pretty much just eats anything you spoon into her lol !! Shs a fab little eater !!!
October 19th, 2009, 02:58 PM
That's fantastic that she's such a good eater Helen!!! Any tips?

Hazel just hates anything from a spoon right now...she likes the actual spoon, just not what's on it!!! I am just gonna give up for a few weeks and try again (our pediatrician said it won't hurt at all to give it a break and see if she becomes more interested especially since she's only been off the boob fully for 9 days now...)
October 19th, 2009, 03:15 PM
I agree to maybe stop a lil while and see if she wants it later on .. I don't really have no tips as shes been so easy going with whatever I offer .. I didn't bother with the babt rice .. just went straight onto fruit and veg purees .... at first 3 days of just the one fruit or veg once a day , then when she wa on 2 meals a day a week later she had fruit one meal and veg another meal, then the following brekkie ... maybe try her of pear first ... I noticed with the apple it can be quite a sharp taste, veg wise butternut is a FAB first choice or carrot ... or mix the two at a later date .. i have done as butternut and carrot are her favs ...

She will get it hun .. don't rush her .. she may just simply not want it because shes not interested at the moment .. leave it and try say in a weeks time ???
October 20th, 2009, 01:16 AM
*Fiona*
Good idea, letting her have a break and then go back to it again. Meantime, I would let her play with the spoon for a short while each day so she remains familiar with it?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search