GTKYQ 6th Nov: Saving money

Forum: Weaning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weaning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2009, 02:13 PM
*Fiona*
Are there any things you do to save money? Any tips for saving money?!
November 8th, 2009, 12:31 PM
*Fiona*
My biggest attempt to save money is I try to do a weekly planner of our meals, then note down the ingredients required and only buy those. It does however mean, that I can't have any "lazy" nights where I can't be bothered cooking too much, as I only have set ingredients Makes us eat much healthier though!!!
November 8th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Snowpeas
We are super frugal due to dh being laid off since March (Just started a temporary job this past week)

We don't have cable, don't eat out, buy our clothes at garage sales and secondhand stores, go for walks and to free events and when we want to watch a movie we go to redbox. We have older vehicles that are both paid off and we bought a foreclosed house that was very affordable and are fixing it up ourselves.

We also buy groceries when they're on sale and meal planning ahead of time helps too
November 9th, 2009, 12:28 AM
*Fiona*
I KWYM, my DH got paid off in January. It's tough isn't it? WTG your DH getting work though! That's fab!
November 10th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Sweetie Karen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I try to plan our meals for the week and freeze any leftovers to save waste and money.
We also changed gas suppliers to a company called Ebico who are part of southern electric but much cheaper and its saving us about 200 a year which is amazing!
Fair priced energy, cheap gas and electric for many with robust carbon offset

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search