well...

Forum: Weaning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weaning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2009, 08:03 PM
booboobunny's Avatar mzdee
i guess its time for me to start the process of weaning. i'm here for support and to give support to other mommies who are in this process. I'm not new to this forum just havn't been on here in a while. Tomorrow my son will be 1 years old. i exclusively breast fed him but i think he is ready to move on and honestly i am too. So starting tomorrow i am going to slowly drop a feeding every few weeks. i'm not going to attempt to go cold turkey. i just am sad and looking for support !!!

Me - Daynuh

November 18th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Snowpeas
Good luck!

It is definitely bittersweet. As ready as both of you are to move on, it's sad to know that that special time in both of your lives is ending.

Lots of
November 18th, 2009, 09:56 AM
*Fiona*
Hello & Welcome to the board!!

I'm glad you stopped by KUP on your progress!
November 18th, 2009, 01:48 PM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi & welcome! I finished weaning 5 1/2 weeks ago on 10/10. I would have loved to go to 1 year or let DD self wean, but due to unforseen health reasons, I had to stop. I weaned completely in about 3 weeks...so really fast! GL with the process!!! It's definitely a difficult decision to come to. I pumped & stored (cause DD was only 6 mo when we finished weaning). So, she still gets a bottle of BM a day.

Have you introduced cow's milk? How does your LO like it? GL with the weaning process!!! Doing it as slowly as you plan, you should not have much engorgement problems.
November 18th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Sweetie Karen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
good luck!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search