Check-In

Forum: Weaning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weaning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 24th, 2009, 02:59 AM
*Fiona*
How is everyone doing?
How are our babies?
How is weaning going?
Any issues with weaning?

Mommy2Olivia+Josiah (forgive me as your name has gone clean from my mind ) - I know you weaned Olivia and are now BFing Josiah -how is he doing with BFing? Are you noticing any differences between BFing Olivia and BFing Josiah (at this stage)?
November 24th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Haltia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Haltia Send a message via MSN to Haltia
How is everyone doing? I'm doing good feeling at little tired at the moment but other than that good
How are our babies? Karl's doing great he's 'talking' away all the time and trys to bottom suffle but he doesn't get very far he has no interest in crawling but he loves to stand!
How is weaning going? Weanings still going good, still trying new foods and i've increased his portion size this week and he's doing great with it!
Any issues with weaning? Only problem i have is he still wants all his milk! and he wants it before his food, he just refuses to eat food if he hasn't had his milk first! but he's on 9oz of the hungry milk surely its too much!
November 25th, 2009, 04:08 AM
*Fiona*
As long as he is happy to take it plus his food, I would continue with it Emma. His main source of food & nutrition is his milk still.

How much milk is he on per day? And is he on 3 meals? Kirsty "technically" should be on a monring & bedtime bottle by now, but she still looks for & needs the 2pim-ish one, I wont refuse it if she's not ready to drop it.

It's not like our babies are mega over the avergae weight for their age. Kirsty isn't gaining much right now due to trying to get on the move, so I'm happy to let her have milk. Better that the refusing and having a grumpy baby
November 26th, 2009, 09:53 AM
he can have anywhere between 26-36oz of milk a day normally has more milk when he doesnt want much food, i have noticed though in the past couple of days he's taking more like 26oz than 36oz.

He has breakfast, finger foods for lunch, meal for tea and sometimes if hes having a greedy day he'll have supper so yeah 3 meals most days.
November 26th, 2009, 12:41 PM
*Fiona*
Ok, the advice I get from my HV (keep in mind all HVs are different ) is that with 3 meals per day, babies on average would have around 1 pint of milk, which is 20oz. She said this is to include milk on breakfasts, and any dairy like yogurts. However, all babies are different, some need more, some less.

Personally, I would just go by Karl, and let him take what he needs. Kirsty has 19oz milk (2 x 5oz, 1 x 9oz), plus 3oz milk on her brekkie each day and 1-2 little yogurts. Remember she is 2 months older though. At Karls age she was on 3 x 6oz and 1 x 9oz bottles plus brekkie/foods.
November 27th, 2009, 05:02 AM
yeah i'm just going to go buy him, i tried leading him and it didn't work he'll just stop taking as much when he's ready, it's just so confusing lol
November 27th, 2009, 05:40 AM
*Fiona*
baby knows best huh!!! Bless his lil heart!!

It is confusing, and it's difficult not to compare him to other babies his age & stage. It'll all work out though. The more food he takes, the more he will cut down on his milk gradually.

For the past week, Kirsty's been having a full portion (sometimes 1.5 portions!!) of savoury, plus a full portion of fruit, and a small yogurt for her evening meal I don't know where she puts it all My thinking is, she will only eat what she's hungry for and I'll offer until she is full (or I know she is just being greedy!!)
November 27th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Snowpeas
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Fiona* View Post
Mommy2Olivia+Josiah (forgive me as your name has gone clean from my mind ) - I know you weaned Olivia and are now BFing Josiah -how is he doing with BFing? Are you noticing any differences between BFing Olivia and BFing Josiah (at this stage)?
It's Sara.

We're doing great! Josiah is a slower nurser than dd (she was super fast) but he's doing really well with nursing. It was easy right from the start, where with dd the first two weeks were a huge struggle. My only issue is I still have an oversupply of milk and a fast letdown so my little man gets drenched and coughs and chokes every time he nurses. I hope it settles down soon.
November 28th, 2009, 02:13 AM
*Fiona*
Awww bless him! I was lucky not to have that issue whilst nursing. Kirsty was greedy though I cannot believe he is nearing 2 months old already, gosh it's scary!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search