Roll Call - who's here? What stage are you at? How's it going?

Forum: Weaning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weaning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2009, 02:45 PM
*Fiona*
Roll up... Roll up!!! Let's have your ages & stages!!

How old is your LO?
What stage of the weaning are you at? Weaning from the breast? Breast to bottle or cup? Bottle to cup?
How is it going?
How is your LO adjusting?
How are you adjusting? Mentally & physically?
How do you feel about moving into this next phase?

For anyone who is also at the solids stage, please can you share your experiences on the Baby Food/Feeding Support board

Last edited by *Fiona*; November 27th, 2009 at 03:05 PM.
November 27th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Snowpeas
How old is your LO? DD 2, DS 7 weeks
What stage of the weaning are you at? Weaning from the breast? Breast to bottle or cup? Bottle to cup? DD is already weaned, DS isn't ready to wean yet.
November 28th, 2009, 03:23 AM
*Fiona*
How old is your LO?
nearly 10 months

What stage of the weaning are you at? Weaning from the breast? Breast to bottle or cup? Bottle to cup?
We're totally weaned off the breast for almost 3 months now! I suppose I really should start thinking about weaning off the bottle, but I feel I will tackle that when she drops her morning & afternoon bottles.

How is it going?
Kirsty doesn't appear to miss the breast altho she is fascinated by my breasts!!!

All adjusted!

How are you adjusting? Mentally & physically?
Perfectly fine. I was ready to wean and altho I miss it at times, both Kirsty & I are happier, and she is growing healthily.

It scares me how fast she is growing!!
December 1st, 2009, 06:27 PM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How old is your LO? 7 months 2 weeks
What stage of the weaning are you at? Weaning from the breast? Breast to bottle or cup? Bottle to cup? Done weaning from Breast... now weaning to solids and cup occasionally
How is it going? good...slow and steady!
How is your LO adjusting? Well
How are you adjusting? Mentally & physically? good...no problems
How do you feel about moving into this next phase? a bit sad that she is growing up so quickly
December 2nd, 2009, 02:59 PM
~* Helen *~'s Avatar A Prince And 2 Princess's
How old is your LO? 8 months next week !!!

What stage of the weaning are you at? Weaning from the breast? Breast to bottle or cup? Bottle to cup? solids

How is it going? Fab .. she eats anything and everything !!!

How is your LO adjusting? Like shes been eating since birth lol !!!

How are you adjusting? Mentally & physically? Fine with it .. just can't believe she is growing so quick !!!

How do you feel about moving into this next phase? ok .. we are on lumpy solids now
December 3rd, 2009, 12:35 PM
amber1214's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How old is your LO? turned 1 yeasterday
What stage of the weaning are you at? Weaning from the breast? Breast to bottle or cup? Bottle to cup? Weaning from breast to cup
How is it going? Not so good lol he just cries when he doesnt get it and then I give in and give it to him lol
How is your LO adjusting? No good he is not having it lol
How are you adjusting? Mentally & physically? Im ready to throw in the towel and let him just bf forever lol
December 3rd, 2009, 07:08 PM
heatherbelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How old is your LO?
He'll be one on the 15th

What stage of the weaning are you at?
We just started weaning from breast/bottle to cows milk in a cup.

Weaning from the breast? Breast to bottle or cup? Bottle to cup?
breast/bottle to cows milk

How is it going?
It's going well...he's never been picky because being a student mommy he's been getting breast milk in a bottle since he was 3 months old and then at 9 months had to be supplemented with formula so he's used to it. He takes sippy's well and is currently nursing still at night and early morning and taking cow's milk during the day. He doesn't seem to notice

He's fine with it I did it gradually and he still nurses at night. At first he had cows milk mixed with formula to get him used to it and test for reactions, now he'll be on just cows milk during the day. And solids of course.

How are you adjusting? Mentally & physically? Physically, I just got AF back for the first time in almost two years, so that's weird. Mentally, I'm fine with it. I was wore down from pumping, it feels nice not to have to anymore. And we still get our night nursing session, which I love....I'm not sure how I'll feel when he's ready to be done with that too.

I feel ready, but it's bittersweet.

~*thank you Alex Aiden Mommy for my siggy!*~

December 4th, 2009, 02:29 PM
*Fiona*
Aww ladies, thanks for posting these updates! It's good to hear about our various stages!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search