Weaning bottle to cup?

Forum: Weaning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weaning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2009, 04:59 PM
*Fiona*
The past few days I have been giving Kirsty her breakfast milk in a sippy cup... previous to this she has refused it like she had sipped something vile tasting Then she looks at me as if to say "mummy, cups are for water, what are you doing?!"

She usually has 5oz milk at breakfast time. She has managed 2-3oz of that via cup before protesting and I switch the top back to the bottle (the cup base is interchangable with my bottles!). So, I think we are getting there. She is sooo attached to her bottle I wasn't sure how it would go and I didn't want to leave it too late. Considering breakfast time would normally be when babies are at their hungriest, I'm pleased she has taken some milk from the cup!

Anyone else trying to encourage milk from a sippy right now? How is it going?
January 8th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Snowpeas
I'm really glad she's taking it!

Olivia never took a bottle so it took some work to get her to take a sippy cup. We would just offer it to her every day with some water in it and after a few months she finally started to get the hang of it.
January 8th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Caelen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jacob absolutely took to sippies. We still do bottles right now for regular meals but for snacks we do sippies of water. We're probably about to start the slow switch to all sippies. He's interested in straight cups too but I'm not up for that mess!

He seems to prefer the nubby trainer cups. What sippies do you use Fiona? I'm intrigued! It would be nice to be able to switch back and forth.
January 8th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Haltia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Haltia Send a message via MSN to Haltia
We've started doing the same with Karl with his tea time feed (where down to 3 bottles now woot!) He's the same as Kirsty will take some and then get cross so like you i switch the lids
January 9th, 2010, 03:32 AM
*Fiona*
I have been using the Tommee Tippe First Sips cup for her milk transition, but I gave up for a little bit as she started refusing her breakfast milk. So I simply put handles on her bottle to encourage self-feeding of that milk feed. She manages to drink the whole bottle alongside eating her cereal or toast.

I'm thinking about trying her milk in the Nuby cup next week, see if she will take it from that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search