Weaning successfull!

Forum: Weaning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weaning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2010, 01:02 PM
lizm75's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I weaned Mia almost 3 weeks ago. I am a little sad, but the freedom is nice, and now I can put her to sleep without the boob! Just wanted to share. So how long after weaning till I can expect my boobs to shrink? They haven't shrunk yet and I am thinking they might not at this point.
January 8th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Caelen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I only breastfed for about 2 months (most of it was actually pumping) and mine never really did shrink that much. It pretty much just went from my bra being a bit tight to fitting properly.
January 9th, 2010, 02:30 AM
*Fiona*
welcome to the board

WTG on weaning so well. Tell us a bit more... how long did you BF for? HOw did you go about weaning? Was it a difficult or easy process for your LO?
January 15th, 2010, 11:44 AM
lizm75's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Fiona* View Post
welcome to the board

WTG on weaning so well. Tell us a bit more... how long did you BF for? HOw did you go about weaning? Was it a difficult or easy process for your LO?
I breastfed for 15 months and am super proud as the beginning of breastfeeding was very difficult for me. I had to work very hard to increase and maintain supply. I weaned Mia extremely gradually over the course of 3 months. I cut out a feeding every few weeks. It was easy until the very last part of no breastfeeding before bed. I could not put her to sleep for 3 weeks until she realized there was a new procedure. She still points at my boobs, and says boob and does the sign for milk. I wonder how long it will be before she forgets about it!
January 15th, 2010, 04:12 PM
HailandNevansmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not sure.. im new to this myself.. I bf Hailee for only 3 weeks, and Nevan 8 mo now.

However, I think we are weaning now, and my boobs havent shrunk yet either.. i do have milk tho.

January 16th, 2010, 02:39 PM
*Fiona*
Bless her! I often wonder if Kirsty remembers I BF her. It's been 4months since I weaned now, but she loves my boobies!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search