Teeth

Forum: Weaning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weaning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2010, 01:41 AM
*Fiona*
How many teeth does your baby have at present?
Is he/she currently teething? How is it affecting him/her?
What treatment do you use - medicine and other forms?
February 27th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Amara has 8 teeth and she doesn't appear to be teething right now. I've never used any medicines as she's never been fussy with cutting her teeth. Only her sleep pattern changes and she drools a lot.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
February 28th, 2010, 01:33 AM
*Fiona*
WTG Amara! Kirsty has 7, 4 on top, 3 on bottom. The 4th bottom one is either just through or almost through, she wont let me feel to find out!
March 12th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Caelen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How many teeth does your baby have at present? 7- 4 top, 3 bottom (the 3'rd is just now poking through)
Is he/she currently teething? How is it affecting him/her? Yep he's cutting at least one tooth on the bottom. It doesn't seem to be effecting him at all really. He's drooling a lot and sleeping a bit more.
What treatment do you use - medicine and other forms- I try to avoid using meds unless its really bad, when it hits that point we usually grab the motrin (we've maybe had to use it twice and we save it for bedtime). Teething tablets are great too for maintaining some of that comfort if we need meds. Past that I just give him more firm foods to chew on. He was really digging that partially frozen strawberry earlier!

Stay at home mom to two:
Jacob 03/17/2009
Benjamin 03/18/2011
March 14th, 2010, 02:19 PM
*Fiona*
What a fab idea freezing fruit for chomping down on! It's so horrible when the babies are suffering with their teeth
March 14th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Veteran
I've tried teething gel, how are you supposed to get that on the gums lol! I think she just licked it off my finger!!!

Didnt give her anything in particular, she does bite on her toys and i gave her teethers which she kind of just ignored. One even leaked - the kind you put in the fridge? i wouldnt recommend them.

She has 2 bottom ones, and she didnt do too bad when cutting them considering what some babies go through. She did go off her food and she had the rosy cheeks and was always poking her gums with her finger for ages before i noticed she had a tooth, then it was 2 more weeks before the next tooth- she's doing that again and sometimes has the red cheeks so I think another is on the way but I cant feel anything.

her top gums though look pretty swollen at the moment so I am thinking it wont be too long before i see some top gum action!
March 15th, 2010, 02:07 AM
*Fiona*
By your posts, I think it sounds like you're in the UK? Have you tried Anbesol? Kirsty was the same with teething gels, she would lick/sook it off my finger before I could get near her gums, but anbesol is a liquid and it's so much easier to use. I have used it both for Kirsty's teething symptoms and my own ulcers. It's really good.
March 15th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Veteran
I just got Calgel and also the Parsons powders. I'm not sure those powders actually do anything!
I havnt heard of the one you mentioned but I would give it a go if it gets bad enough.
March 16th, 2010, 11:19 AM
*Fiona*
I used to use the Ashton Parsons but like you wondered if they helped... however last month Kirsty's poo was affected by her teething for the first time, really loose. So I used them then and saw a difference in her poo! It does say on them they are to help with the upset tummy teething can cause though.

Let me know what you think of the calgel? I bought some ages ago but never used it

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search