Finger food ideas

Forum: Weaning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weaning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Veteran
My daughter is nearly 9 months old and I tend to give her finger foods at meal times while I get the real food in:

she has banana, bread and butter, bread and light garlic philadelphia, bread and banana,
rice cakes, cheese, courgette, broccolli, tried muffins today with the butter soaked in but she didnt like them

I am after ideas Of what else to give her.

I do give her apple as well but she hasnt taken to it. And melon pieces, she struggles to keep a hold of them although she does like it

It must be getting boring for her as every time she has the same things on her tray!

So what else can I give her. Please give me some ideas It's not for her real food - it's just for her to snack on with her proper meal. It helps distact her and keeps her occupied otherwise she starts sinking in her chair bored.
March 15th, 2010, 02:04 AM
*Fiona*
I used to struggle with fruits as they get so slippy, then I read an article about crushing cheerios and rolling the fruit in the cheerio dust so it makes it easier to hold.

Have a read of this page: Baby Finger Foods, Baby's First Finger Foods Recipes and Ideas for Healthy Baby Finger Foods!
March 15th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Veteran
That's agood tip, thanks. I have tried keeping skin on banana but it doesnt work for us.
Thanks for the link
March 16th, 2010, 11:21 AM
*Fiona*
All I can say is keep offering. She will come to learn how to hold fruits so it doesnt slip.

Pears are a good one... peel the skin off and use an apple corer to remove the core so you are left with the skinless pear with a hole through it, she will be able to use the hole to grasp and then nibble/suck/lick the pear. Kirsty can eat a whole pear this way You could try apple rings: peel & core an apple the slice it so they look like pineapple rings if you understand me! I never liked giving apple though as Kirsty choked one a piece. I tend to slightly cook them first then give them to her so it's soft.
May 11th, 2010, 07:56 AM
My little one adores blueberries, super messy...but great brain food and not something they can easily choke on.
September 3rd, 2010, 11:34 AM
My LO started finger food at 6 month instead of purees. Check out my blog for more ideas on what you can feed your LO. For some stupid reason JM won't let me post the link.

it's

baby-led-solids
dot
blogspot
dot
com

try again...

Adventures in Solid Food

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search