Another weaning question from a newbie here!

Forum: Weaning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weaning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Regular
Send a message via AIM to MaggieMoo26 Send a message via Yahoo to MaggieMoo26
Hi All! I am new here. I have one son who is 10 months old. I have been pumping 3 times a day every day at work since he was six weeks so that he can have bottles for daycare. He eats from me through the evening and night and of course weekends. He has started to eat a lot of solids and table foods.

My husband and I are TTC baby number 2 and I was planning on weaning my son at 12 months. What is the best way to about this? I don't want him to lack the nutrition he needs and I don't want to be engorged and miserable with mastitis or something like that.

Should I wait until he is 12 months and start replacing some of his day care bottles/cups with whole milk and slowly cut out my pumps at work? Or should I continue to pump for daycare and slowly take away feedings in the evenings? He eats with me around 4 or 5 times in the evenings. So really he is only at the breast on week days an average of 5 or 6 times. He of course eats with me all day sat, sunday.

Kind of confused here! Thanks for your advice.
September 23rd, 2010, 11:08 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
Again as with the other, I'm sure you've already gotten an answer but just in case...

I'd slowly start cutting back how many times a day he nurses at home at that point. Maybe replacing those times with a bottle or sippy cup of milk instead. If you don't want to use milk some formula companies also do stage 2 formulas which are made with the nutrition that babies over a year need.

Good luck!
mom of: Zach (9), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search