weaning from bottle to sippy

Forum: Weaning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weaning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2012, 01:03 PM
First Timer!!!
oh good goodness

well ive never posted on this board before so heres an intro

im shannon and im the host of the gamers board here !!! i have a son Roran that turned 1 on 8-25-12 and im goin to milk from formula and from bottle to sippy cup only

he takes a sippy all day but wants to bottle to sleep with NOT a sippy

so he wants to bottle 2-3 times a day .. sometimes he takes two naps ...

so today i tried to give him warm milk in a sippy ... (he now will take milk with 2 oz formula and 6 oz dmilk when i give him a bottle) i have formula left so im sticking to that just til it runs out but its lasting forever seeing as i just use one scoop per bottle . i can do the same mix in a sippy but its a sippy and NOT a bottle thats the issue .. not so much whats in it.

i tried giving him water in a bottle to sleep .. no that wont work either ...

today i had to let him cry fer like 15 mins after trying two times to get him to take the sippy of warm milk. NOPE ..

then i just picking him up let him lay on me and rocked him to sleep .. sure i got him to sleep and he really needed it ... BUT i dont wanna have him SCREAMING like hes being murdered if i can help it.

so goal here ... get him to sleep without a bottl e... to take a sippie ... of water er milk either is fine.

any btdt moms got any things fer me to try .. this is super stressful!!!!!!!!!!!!!
September 21st, 2012, 01:49 PM
First Timer!!!
bump?
September 24th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Does he lay down with the bottle, or do you given it to him then lay him down? My LO is BF, but I have heard from other BF moms that they shortened the time at the breast ( thus decreasing the amt of milk) by increments to wean a feed before a nap. Maybe you could try giving him a little less milk like go to 6 oz, then 4 oz etc.... until he doesn't need that bottle to get to sleep. Just a thought
October 24th, 2012, 07:18 PM
inlove08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
UGH. I am having same issue with Emma. She won't take milk from sippy.

I bought the nuby brand sippy. The one that has 2 nipples. 1 that is more like a bottle, and then you transition into the rubber 'SIPPY' type style nipple.

Emma does really well with that now. Have you tried that?

Thank you Vicki.... for my beautiful siggie!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search