refuses bottle for me

Forum: Weaning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weaning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 14th, 2012, 09:16 PM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im ready to start weaning. She is 11 months and 1 week. She refuses and has always refused furmula. I go to school at night and pump when I get home. Daddy feeds her bm only at bedtime. m-f. She nurses constantly, If I try to give her a bottle she refuses. She wants the real thing. I on the other hand want my boobs back. Selfish I know. Daddy put a little bit of cows milk in her bottle tonight and said she did just fine. What can I do to make this easy on the both of us. Dp thinks I should just refuse her the boob and when she is hungry she will eventually take formula. I cant do it though. I cant sit there and let her scream. I know what she wants and I know how to comfort her. But at the same time I feel like Im delaying it and maybe if I do just wait out the screaming/crying she will eventually take a bottle of formula.

any advice?

November 15th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Veteran
Same thing i've been going through with my 10 m/o DS. However, I tried to let him stay for a night in my parents' house as she is an expert mum (we are 4 siblings). She told me the first time he asked for milk, my mum just cradle him and let him drink through the bottle (btw, i'm using a chicco feeding bottle Step Up - touch is soft as a mother's breast). He then drank it after a few minutes of rooting for my breast. I think it is best if you are not around (a place where your baby cant see you) and of course, you have to endure the pain as a mum hearing your baby screams/cries. She will be alright; babies will drink anyway when they're really hungry.
December 16th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Veteran
I'm still not weaning my DD but my sister is for her turning 2years old son,. she just stop BF and gives him formula milk and always feed him well, so far he is starting to be used to it and eating more than he used to be. i'll be weaning by january or feb.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search