advice

Forum: Weaning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Weaning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2013, 11:31 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
Ok so i want my almost 14 month old to wean. My other two kida i let selfwean and i am not doing that again...oldeat weaned at two and half and ds a little after three but he still asks for it anyways i need her weaned. I do not like it at all, i dont enjoy it and i feel like it makea my skin crawl when she is nursing. I do feel bad but i cant take it anymore...ive felt likethis the past month and half. I cant really describe the feeling when she is latched other than its a dreaded feeling and i very much cant stand it. i dont know how to wean her...i already am away at work a lot during the day and she wants it to fall asleep at night. I dont know if i hate it this bad because ive done it the past six yrs straight or what but this needa to end. The other night i couldnt take it anymore and let her scream in her room for almost an hour and the kid is so stubborn for it she would have screamed all night if id have left her there. Anyways any advice?? If i am around she has to nurse and as much as i love her and dont want to traumatize her i am regretting even nursing at all to begin with.Sry if typos, on phone
March 1st, 2013, 12:39 PM
fairymommy's Avatar Veteran
Will she take a bottle? and will she take a bottle from someone other than you? I guess if it were me, I would start with pumping a bottle and having someone else (dh) give it to her. and gradually work our way to doing a bottle of formula instead of bm.
March 2nd, 2013, 09:36 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
She is over a year old and we are no longer using bottles. She does take a sippy cup though just fine. I think she is wanting the comfort part of nursing and I am stuck on what to do for that because she is not attached to a lovey or anything like that...If mama is around she knows I have the boobs and insist on that, lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search