Introduce Yourself Here

Forum: 2004 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2004 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2010, 10:24 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Well now that I've got the subforum up I thought I'd start with a place for everyone to introduce themselves. However you feel like introducing yourself is fine!

I'll start by introducing myself and my family. I'm Christen, and this project is my new baby, so you'll be seeing threads from me every day once we get under way. I'll post the first of the dares on the night of the 17th and we'll begin April 18th. I'm a late night JMer because I'm on the Pacific Time Zone and I have a job during the day so I will try to post the dares every evening the night before the dare. Brigitte (mousemomof3), the other co-host of the Jan-Dec 04 PR, will have all the dares as well and if I don't get to it, she will have the ability to post them in the mornings, so be on the look out for posts from both of us!

So, now on to the actual stuff about me. I'm a 25 year old mom of 3...soon to be 4...I know many of you are probably like at that thought, but it works for us. I'm a math teacher of 6th grade students in Las Vegas. I'm a first year teacher to be specific, and it is a draining job, especially being pregnant (I'm due 2 weeks after my last day of work, exactly.)

I've been married to Nick since we were 18, in December 2002. He is currently a SAHD because he lost his job over a year ago and when we moved down here to Las Vegas from Idaho so I could take this job it became sort of impossible for us to both work because of how much daycare would cost. (In Idaho, we have family to help, here, nobody.)

Our first child, the one I'll be starting the dare with, I'll be doing it with the other two, but after I finish it with my oldest. Anyway, my oldest child is Courtney, she's 5 until July. She's in Kindergarten this year. Here in Nevada Kindergarten is full day 5 days a week, and she's in a private school with some rather high standards, we have real homework every night already. She loves to be a big sister, and she's excited to finally have a sister (two brothers before this one that's coming in June).

Our second child is Rock, he's 2, he'll be 3 on June 5th, just before his baby sister is due. I was pregnant with him when I found JM. I had just been diagnosed with gestational diabetes and found myself feeling emotionally alone and searched and found JM. (I'm again most likely a gestational diabetic, it should be confirmed tomorrow.) Rock is all boy, and as everybody likes to point out, left handed, something nobody else in the immediate family is, so it gets commented on a lot.

LJ is our 1 year old, he just turned 1. He's right now quite a bit underweight so we're busily going through tests on him to find out why. He actually weighed less at his 1 year appointment than he did when he was like 4.5 months old. LJ just had blood tests today, in the middle of this dare we should be finding out his results. LJ is a trooper, he let's his siblings mess with him and doesn't cry about it. Today he didn't even cry when they took his blood, dh was the one who took him, but they told Nick that they had never seen a baby make so little fuss about getting a blood draw.

Alright, that's my introduction, hope to get to know you all better

April 10th, 2010, 10:22 PM
ChasingClio's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi, I'm Kim, dropping in from the Catholic Parenting Board for this, although I have an 04 child, so maybe I'll start visiting in here more often too. I am 24, the mom of 3, and a full time grad student. It's exactly as crazy as it sounds... actually probably more if you look at the ages of my youngest two and know that I've been in college or grad school full time every spring and fall semester since fall 2005. I work part time as a graduate assistant at my school, which is wonderful and my saving grace because I get to spend the majority of my time "working" there doing my own work because there just isn't that much for me to do. (It's not a teaching position, just a general assistant.) I'll be graduating in May with my MA in History, assuming I pass my comprehensive oral exams on the 21st. (Eek!) Then I'm hoping to find a teaching job, but they're hard to come by now, so I might just end up substituting for a while.

I have been married to my husband, Alan, since August 05. He is a firefighter in DC, which he absolutely loves. His schedule allows him to be more or less a SAHD. He works 24 hours and then is off for 72 hours. So about one day a week he and I both end up working on the same day, and my wonderful MIL watches the kids.

Savannah is 5, she's my 04er and the child I'll be doing this with. She just missed the cutoff for kindergarten this year, so she's in preschool. She goes to a Catholic school, and goes three days a week in the mornings. She's very active and social. She loves going to the park or the children's museum so she can make new friends. (Cause you know, they're best friends within minutes, lol.) She's starting to read a bit, but doesn't have much confidence in her ability.

Felicity turned 2 in February. She's my mischievous, wild little girl, but a total sweetheart. She could play in the sandbox all day long, and swinging makes her absolutely blissful.

Sam turned 1 in January. He is starting to amaze me by saying new words every day it seems. He is totally into gadgets - he is drawn to anything with buttons or lights.
April 12th, 2010, 05:17 AM
*Pamela*
Hi, nicce to meet you ladies.

I'm Pamela, 37, mom to 2 boys and a girl and wife to Michael 41. I met Michael back in November 2002 on a Christian online dating site. It was a teeny new site and I had met some guys on another Christian site but too many red flags. As I grew in church I felt God leading me elsewhere and one day decided to delete my bio on the site. As I went to do that (it shows anybody online, a pic, and a brief intro) Michael's pic intro showed and besides the fact that he was cute, he showed his love for God and humility. I had this gut feeling he was the one but then I saw he was in Nottingham England...I lived in Pittsburgh, PA. But I gave it a chance, wrote a quick note to him and the rest as we say was history. We were engaged a month later, hadn't even met yet. I flew over in Jan, stayed with his parents (my mom thought he might be an axe murderer) and we got married that March. We just celebrated our 7th anniversary.

Alexander was adopted by Michael, he is 15. Ethanael is 4, and Gabriella is 16 months.

After living in North Carolina for 4 years as a family, my husband got a bit homesick and wanted to move back home. So we have been living in England now for just over 3 years. I'm about 5 hours ahead of EST so I may be late in responding to some topics.

I feel very blessed in my life and very grateful to have God in my life. I'm looking forward to getting to know you ladies and seeing where this step takes me in my life as a mother.

Thanks!
April 17th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Evenblindly's Avatar lost 28lbs in 90 days!
Send a message via Yahoo to Evenblindly
This is great! its nice to meet you ladies! to the PR

Hi

Im Jessica. Im 26 years old, Married to Jesse since October 2006. We have 3 girls together. Yes he is kinda sad he wishes he had a boy. and No we will not be trying for a boy lol. I love having girls, and I make hair bows (now mostly just for them) in my spare time... what little I can find! We live in Tucson, Arizona where it is already getting too hot! Im a full time preschool teacher, I teach 2 year olds and I really love it. Two year olds are amazing, and the changes and challanges that come with them are worth every day. As much as I do enjoy it, it doesnt bring in the big bucks, and Im not sure its what I would always want to do. I began attending school as a full time student online, 2 weeks ago, its been interesting trying to figure out a decent schedule. DH is also attending school full time and working full time. so we are busy beavers right now!

My first little girl is Caidance. She is my 04er. Her birthday fell just after the cut off date for kindergarten, but we decided that academically she was ready and wanted to make sure she kept being challanged. We put her in a charter school with a slightly later cut off date and while her academics have been phenomenal... her talkative behavior is continuely getting her into trouble, I also dont like her teachers choice of actions very much so we will be moving her to another school next year. its smaller and more individual student oriented. I cant wait! She is your typical older sister lol, she is bossy and tries to mother the girls. She is all girly girl, loves hannah montana, jonas and all those disney shows. She is very sweet and loves to please. I am going to be doing the dare with her first, and like chriten I will try to go back and do it with my 2 year old.

My middle girl is Ember. Even at 2, she doesnt let anyone push her around. She is my fiesty rough and tumble close to a boy as my husband will get, little girl. Some how she has mixed in trying to be a girly girl like her big sister with all that... its seems an odd combo when she is dressed pretty with bows in her hair and trying to wrestle her boy cousins. She makes sure to make herself known and heard, I am not at all worried about her getting the "middle child syndrom" and feeling left out, she wouldnt let it happen! lol. She is very assertive and knows how to get what she wants, but has amazing manners... she blows my mind she is always at one end or the other of the spectrum with her personality... she is never in between. She loves to learn, (she was potty trained by 20months and practically did it herself!) and be like her sister, and pick on her. SHe adores the baby girl of the family!

My baby girl is Teagan. She is only 10 weeks, and I feel like I dont know what life would be like without her! She is a very content baby, already smiles everytime anyone talks to her. We co-sleep as we have done with all my girls, and she sleeps through the night (anymore is its from about 7:45pm to 6:30am), which is nice because it seems I am to busy these days to be tired. Both she and Ember attend the preschool where I teach, which is nice to be able to peek in on her every so often. Ember is in my class.

Hmm I dont really know what else to say (not that I havent writen a novel already lol) except that I am excited to be doing this, with how busy my life has become in just a short month, I am worried to not have enough time for the girls, they deserve to have some of my attention more than just put to bed and park on the weekends.

And I do it FREE check out more info ----->> http://jessicakopac.myvi.net/
Thank you Vicki for my AWESOME siggy!!

Follow me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/evenblindly?ref=tn_tnmn

"I will walk by faith, even when i cannot see! because this broken road prepares your will for me"
April 17th, 2010, 06:23 PM
MommyToTwo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommyToTwo Send a message via Yahoo to MommyToTwo
Hi! I'm Brianna, 28, Mommy of August (Augie) who is almost 3 and a half and Madelynn who is 19 months. I'm married to August, 29 and we have been married since August of 2006. We met in 2005 on Myspace of all places... I am currently a SAHM and working on getting my crafting business off the ground. I'm a painter mainly now but I do anything I can get my hands on when it comes to crafting. I also love cooking and doing artsy projects with my kids.

Augie, who I will be doing most of the dare with is such a cool kid. He's so smart that he surprises me with the things he says on a daily basis. He's all boy but when it comes to sports and coordination, he is definitely my son. He's a spaz just like me. He's artsy and creative and loves to get his hands on paint whenever I let him.

Madelynn, my monkey, is just an absolute nut. She's a tiny 21 lbs. and 30 inches at almost 20 months. She started walking at 9 months, climbing at 10. I turn around after two seconds and find her standing on the kitchen counter, getting into cabinets. She will climb anything she can find, including the flat front of my washer and dryer.....she has incredible coordination and is ridiculously strong for her age so I'm assuming she is going to be my athlete. She's a momma's girl and loves to cuddle with me which I absolutely love.

This is very important for me right now. We have been going through a very hard time and I'm afraid the kids have taken notice. Through all the stress, they end up getting pushed aside and this will help me make sure that does not happen. We just moved into my mother's house for a short time until we find our own place again after relocating back to our home town from 2 hours away. I spent a year living in a town where I knew no one, with a husband who worked more hours than he spent at home. It was lonely and torturous but things are looking up. I'm looking forward to making a more active effort with my babies. They are everything to me and I need for them to know that.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

OH and I'm popping in here from Sept 08 PR and Arts and Crafts...those are the only two boards I really frequent these days.....

April 17th, 2010, 06:44 PM
SarahLoo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to SarahLoo Send a message via Yahoo to SarahLoo
Hi ladies! First of all, I'm NAK so this may be short and sweet, lol. I'm Sarah, 23 year old SAHM to 3 little monkeys. My husband Andrew and I started dating when I was 15, he was 18. We got married 3 years later right after he completed Basic Training and AIT. He is active duty Army and is currently deployed.

Madison is my oldest, born in July 05 and is my Care Dare child. She is my princess, 100% girl. I can't count how many times a day she changes clothes...all dresses. She's my petite peanut (still hovering around 35 lbs) and lover of chocolate milk. She's a little nurturer and loves helping with her little brothers.

Brennen is 2 and is my complete mama's boy. As a baby he was not content anywhere other than my arms and is still very much the same way. He obviously doesn't have to be in my arms 24/7 now, but still hates being too far from Mommy. He is full of love, but has a very tender heart. He cherishes his big sister and is going to be very lost when she starts school in the fall. He is still very much a boy though, lol. He loves balls (throwing, rolling, hitting, kicking), climbing, jumping (giving Mommy heart attacks) and building things.

Jackson is our newest addition and has yet to meet his Daddy. He is just shy of 8 weeks. He is very laid back and content. I say God truly knew what he was doing when he gave Jack the personality he did because I'm not sure I could have survived this deployment with another high needs baby like Brennen was. Not that I love and enjoy every minute of Bren's infancy, it would just be extremely difficult juggling that with two others, alone.

So that's us I'm looking forward to this!

Sarah - mama to Madison (7.20.05), Brennen (10.5.07), and Jackson (2.23.10)

Last edited by SarahLoo; April 17th, 2010 at 06:49 PM.
April 17th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyMayBaby Send a message via Yahoo to ILoveMyMayBaby
Excited to get to know you guys!

My name is Ashley. I am a 26 year old SAHM to two very wonderful kids. Cameron Shayne just turned 7 on April 10. He comes from my first marriage. He is in the 1st grade and is in baseball right now. My 2nd child is Lexus Brooklyn, who will be 4 on May 30. She is my spunky and mischevious child. She is quite the drama queen! She will be starting pre-k this fall, and is very excited. She is an animal lover, and loves drawing. I will be starting this challenge with her, and doing it with my son over the summer, when he has a break from school/baseball. I am married to a wonderful man named Justin, who is also 26. He works full time at a Auto Body Shop painting cars. We live in a small town in Texas called Pittsburg. I am a member of the May 2006 PR.

Looking forward to starting these dares!

April 17th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Madeline410's Avatar Maddie
Send a message via Yahoo to Madeline410
Hey guys! I'm Maddie and I have 2 *babies*. Mason is 4˝ (10/28/05) and Claire is 2 (12/10/07). I'm a single, stay at home mom. I take care of my own mom and stay with her to do that. I am a CPST, aka car seat pro LOL. I am extremely passionate about it and it means the world to me that I can help people keep their kids safe.

Thanks for having me!

95% of kids aren't in their car seats safely.
Click here to see how your child should look!

A rear-facing child is 75% less likely to die in a crash. Click here to learn more!

Are you installing your car seats correctly?
to watch my installation videos,
click HERE!

April 17th, 2010, 07:10 PM
momtothe3rdpower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi all, I am DeeAnne, wife of Todd and mother to two girls, Danica and Kayleigh, with one more baby boy on the way soon. I am 32 years old and work as a 4th grade teacher. I live in North Florida. I plan on adjusting the dare to fit both girls as well as they can be as a final time to enjoy them before new baby comes. Danica is 13 years old, from a long-ago relationship, very outgoing, silly, and confident and smart! Kayleigh is 2, loves to sing, do puzzles and is just learning how to make other people laugh. I look forward to getting to know you all better through the dare as well!
April 17th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
My name is Nicole I will be 37 next month. I am a SAHM to five. My kids range in age from minue five month and the oldest is 20 with a son of his own.

Like DeeAnne I am planning to Dare with my almost two year old daughter and my 13 YO son. More him than the baby as I think he needs to feel the love. It's a hard age, he is adopted without a great start and he has been through a lot lately.

April 17th, 2010, 08:14 PM
MReel11008's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
everyone! I am excited to go through this with everyone! My name is Megan and i am 22. I have been married to Stephen who is 23 for a little over 2 years now. We have been together going on 4 though. My oldest and the one I will be doing the care dare with is not his but he is adopting him and it is the only father that Nicolas has known. We have 3 boys! And we do plan to try for another in the next year or so, and hoping and praying for a girl! I need a girl around here. I'm outnumbered!
Nicolas will be 4 in september. He is just like me and has been since day one! He is stubborn and has a bit of an attitude at times. Very strong willed and will accomplish anything he puts his mind to though it may take him a bit longer than others. He will be starting school this year through a head start program that is designed to help younger children get prepared for full time school. I'm hoping this will help me help him with a lot as well.
Landon is my 20 month old. He is my wild child all the way. Climbs anything and everything, takes things apart. He pretends that he doesn't hear you when you speak to him and laughs when you tell him no. He is getting better. He had a rough start with eating issues was hospitalized for them at 4 weeks old but has pulled through it all to be the biggest one of them all so far! He is a sweet boy who is always smiling, even when he knows he is in trouble for something he wasn't supposed to do!
Alex is my 5 month old, who was my smallest baby at 6lbs 14oz. He too has had a rough start in life but it has not gotten better as quickly as Landons did. He was hospitalized back in January for failure to thrive and dehydration. Not to mention that at that point he was 7lbs 15oz, and that was 1lb and 1oz over his birth weight at 2 months of age. His last weight check he was up to 10lbs 7oz which is great for him but still doesn't keep much food down. He takes a special formula and acid reflux meds but still spits most of everything up. We are now starting solids very slowly in hopes of some weight gain and helping him to keep more down. So far its gone well.
Boards that I frequent on here are sept 06 PR, august 08 PR, november 09 PR, WTTC, and cloth diapering. I am a sahm for the time being starting school this fall to become a nurse! I love reading writing and music.

April 17th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Preggers's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi everyone. I am Patrizzia married to dh for almost 8 years. I am sahm to my daughter Miabella almost 4 (July 19, 2006) and 30 weeks pregnant with my son Leonardo due June 26th. We live in the suburbs of Chicago and are hoping to move soon to Northwest Indiana.

I am an avid blogger and crafter and hope to get back into it crafting when I can move again!

Here is my blog if anyone wants to go see it. iCreate

I will be daring my daughter and am really really excited!

April 17th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello ladies

I'm Marie, mommy to Nolan 3, Elizabeth 2, and twins Arthur and Theodore 1-I'm glad Christen PM'd me tonight that we're getting started!

I am an RN and I work full time teaching online from home, while watching four kids, and dh is a paramedic who works lots and lots...
April 17th, 2010, 10:15 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Hello all!

I'm Mylene, 28, and mommy to Kaija Jane and Kolbie Elizabeth. I'm currently a SAHM but hope to get back into the workforce this summer. As much as I love staying home with my girls, the financial struggle is getting to be too much. My DH is Dean and he is a 911 dispatcher on 3rd shift so he sleeps during the day. It can make for some long days.

Kolbie is just 3 weeks old, born on 3/26. Kaija is my Dare kiddo. She turned 2 in January and I can tell she needs some extra attention right now. If Kolbie isn't in my lap, Kaija is. As soon as I'm done nursing, Kaija starts begging me to put Kolbie down so she can sit with me instead. I hope that by doing this Dare I take the times when Kolbie is actually down napping to spend some quality time with Kaija. I got so tired and lazy at the end of my pregnancy we just laid around watching television. I don't want my 2 year old to be a couch potato. Luckily she does like playing outside! But I need to interact with her more. She's a sweet heart and a very loving and smart girl.
April 18th, 2010, 04:50 AM
Ma-2-Thing 1-2-n-3's Avatar Leslie ~ 2 boys ~ 1 girl
Hello. I am Leslie. I have a 7yo son who I will be doing this with. His name is Austin. He is in 2nd grade. And I have a 21mo daughter. Her name is Kyndal. I am a SAHM. Been married to DH 7yrs this August.
April 18th, 2010, 05:19 AM
Sweetpea0708's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sweetpea0708 Send a message via MSN to Sweetpea0708 Send a message via Yahoo to Sweetpea0708
Hi everyone! I'm Frances and I'm 26, from New York. I am a mom to 5 wonderful kids, though two of them are from my DH's previous relationship. My DH is Frankie, he's 33 and with the U.S. Army. I am working fulltime, but only until my DH's deployment. I will be doing the dare with the oldest two and *attempting* with my toddler.

My oldest is Francesca, she's 12 and this is really important for me to do this with her as she is going through a lot right now. Next is Antonio, who is 10, and though he is autistic, this will be fun to try and do because sometimes he gets lost in the shuffle because he can't do what the other kids can.Next is Xavier , he is 21 months, and my trouble maker . Finally, there is Gabriel and Frankie Jr, my twin boys who are 3 1/2 months. They won't be doing the dare this time around , but I'd love to try it when they are a bit older.

So nice to meet everyone!

April 18th, 2010, 05:56 AM
mommy2tns's Avatar real & spectacular.
Send a message via MSN to mommy2tns
Hello! I'm Liza - 29. I'm a SAHM to two and wife to one

I love photography and have 10,000 pictures in my flickr account lol! I am married to Chris, 31. He works with refugees helping them to get settled in our country. He is an awesome dad and husband whom I love very much!

Timothy, aka Timmy, is my oldest and my dare child. He turned two last month and is smack dab in the middle of the "terrible twos" and is having a hard time sometimes with jealousy of his little sister. He really is so good with her though. He is sweet, caring, and loves to share most of his toys with her (except his cars!) He is all boy. He loves sports and is already awesome and dribbling a soccer ball. He also LOVES cars and can be found playing with his cars most of the time. He is very talkative and smart, but is also very stubborn and headstrong. He's quite sensitive and wears his heart on his sleeve.

Natalie is 7.5 months old and my sweet baby girl. She's pretty content most of the time and is just learning how to do all the physical things like rolling, sitting, etc. She is very social and smiley and has already started to repeat words. Her favorite word to say is "dada."

Thank you so much *Kiliki* for another amazing siggy!
April 18th, 2010, 06:18 AM
crystalclear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to crystalclear
Hi Ladies! I'm Crystal. I'm a 33 year old SAHM. I used to teach elementary school art, but have decided to remain at hom until both the kids are in school and then see where life takes me. I'll be married to my DH, Ryan, for 10 years in June. It still seems crazy that it's been that long. We live in Georgia, about 15 minutes away from where we both met and went to college.

Madeleine, my four year old, is the one I'll be doing the DARE with. She was born in October 2005. She's my fashionable tomboy. She likes tutus, fairy wings, climbing, jumping in puddles, and anything that involves an adventure. She has no fear and more than her fair share of imagination and independence. She's also a cuddler.

I also have a son, Sam, who turned one on February 19th of this year. He's pure sunshine. Not a care in the world. He's bald, happy, and a total mama's boy. He loves wheels, balls, and learning how things work. He's also the spitting image of his sister.

I'm looking forward to doing the dare with everyone. I think it will really be beneficial to have that scheduled time with Madeleine. She and I both could use it.

April 18th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
I am Brittainy,

I am a preschool teacher, and my husband is currently a homeless cop. He will find his new Dept soon though.

Our only son Will will be 4 May 9th

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

April 18th, 2010, 10:59 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Hi Everyone!

I'm Jen (34) married to Travis (36) for almost 7 years now. We have 2 children Sydney (6) and Logan (3). I am a SAHM and have been since I had my son back in 2006. I went back to work shortly after my year maternity leave was up but after 5 weeks lost my job due to the company being sold. Ever since then I have been at home. For a short while I worked part time in the evenings and then moved onto do home daycare for about a year but quit that last Nov and now just look after my own 2 kids.

I live in London, Ontario Canada. Born and raised here. We are currently discussing moving to Kitchener since DH works there and commutes 2-3 days a week (works from the home the other days). We did have plans to move in June of this year but we have now put that off for another 1-2 years.

I look forward to getting to know everyone. I still haven't decided which child I will do the dare with. Guess I better decide quickly. LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search