Dare 3: Caring for your Memories

Forum: 2004 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2004 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2010, 08:20 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Today's dare is about preserving memories. Maybe that scrap booking project you've been putting off, since...forever will get done. Memories are important, and no matter how much you think you won't forget any of it, time passes and you do. So now is the time to help save your memories.

Maybe you are a dedicated scrapbooker, but you've been doing a project not related to your child, do a page related to your child. Maybe you're a dedicated scrapbooker, and you have been doing it on your child, now it is time to do it with them somehow.

Maybe you aren't a scrapbooker at all, but I know as a parent you must take pictures. When was the last time you actually got some developed? Today could be that day. Maybe you haven't even taken pictures lately, get the camera out, now.

Maybe you started a diary about your child that you kept important moments in, when was the last time you updated? If you didn't ever start one, you could today. Maybe you started a baby book that you never finished or maybe just haven't updated recently.

What you do is up to you, but it isn't time for you to work on your scrap booking of you and your husband, it is for your kid, so preserve those memories, whether that be to capture some new ones, or just work on the old ones!

Feel free to stop by the scrap booking type boards here on JM and ask them for some ideas if you need them!

Share with us your thoughts on this dare!

April 19th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyMayBaby Send a message via Yahoo to ILoveMyMayBaby
This one will be a hard one for me, just because I've never really been much of the creative type. I will def. do some thinking tonight of what we could do tomorrow. Maybe dress her up real cute and go have a photo shoot somewhere!

April 20th, 2010, 05:19 PM
I'm planning to go upstairs and see if I ever did finish the last page in Courtney's baby book, and if I did, well then I'll have to come up with something else to do...I have lots of pictures, and I think some empty photo albums...maybe it is time I fix that.

April 20th, 2010, 06:22 PM
momtothe3rdpower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Adding to baby books!
April 20th, 2010, 08:34 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I never had a baby book for Kaija and I don't have one for Kolbie either... how sad is that!? I tried to do a simple word document "diary" for Kaija and stopped when she was around 6 months old. ugh...

We didn't do anything too special today, but this afternoon when Kolbie was down for her nap Kaija and I just hung out. For some reason she thought I was going somewhere and kept asking "Mommy be back?" I just told her I'd always be back and won't ever go anywhere. She just said "Okay!" and gave me a hug. Nothing exciting, but one of those moments that I'll remember. Then she saw my camera and asked me to take some pictures of her Of course I obliged!!
April 20th, 2010, 09:44 PM
MReel11008's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
well since I just saw this one for today I am going to pull out the baby books and work on them for all of the kids! I have been doing some major slacking in that department. I don't do scrapbooking very much. I have to be ready for it i guess but we love taking pictures in this house and do that all of the time! So I guess tomorrow I am going to print some off to use in frames and baby books. I like this dare... I for sure needed it. Nicolas likes looking at his too.

April 20th, 2010, 10:20 PM
I've had just one page to finish in Courtney's baby book for like ummm, nearly 3 years now (it only went til her 3rd birthday) and I finally finished it today! She loves looking at that thing and finding the photo for it was great fun for the kids, they went through all my old stuff that was in with the photos

April 21st, 2010, 06:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Great reminder to do some stuff I'd been meaning to do anyway!! I updated my baby diary, and uploaded some new pictures to his Facebook page to share with the grandparents. Thanks!
Iím rocking my baby and babies donít keep.
April 21st, 2010, 01:41 PM
Evenblindly's Avatar lost 28lbs in 90 days!
Send a message via Yahoo to Evenblindly
of course I LOVE taking pictures of the girls. maybe more of my time lately has been baby focused, and I definately havent printed any up... like ever! Her baby book is up todate as it gets, but I have a box where I add memories too all the time, includeing important pictures or 8x10's that came off the wall to be replaced with more recent ones. I think its time she got another mini photo shoot and they got printed up this time. I need to get some photo albums, though it might be some time before we can do that. I also think it might be a good idea to print up the photos up those photo contests she won forever ago, maybe make a scrap page out of it and add it to her baby book.

And I do it FREE check out more info ----->> http://jessicakopac.myvi.net/
Thank you Vicki for my AWESOME siggy!!

Follow me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/evenblindly?ref=tn_tnmn

"I will walk by faith, even when i cannot see! because this broken road prepares your will for me"
April 21st, 2010, 02:22 PM
mommy2tns's Avatar real & spectacular.
Send a message via MSN to mommy2tns
I don't scrapbook but I take tons of pics! I'm waiting for my birthday so I can get more photo albums to put more pictures in I think I'll create a fun picture of Timmy in picnik - and I'll share it with you!

Thank you so much *Kiliki* for another amazing siggy!
April 21st, 2010, 02:34 PM
mommy2tns's Avatar real & spectacular.
Send a message via MSN to mommy2tns
here is my timmy pic <3

Thank you so much *Kiliki* for another amazing siggy!
April 22nd, 2010, 06:24 AM
Awww that's a great photo

April 22nd, 2010, 02:06 PM
mousemomof3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mousemomof3
going to have to print some photos all his pic's are saved on the compuer except for his school pic's.

Do siggies count? I just had Hannah's siggie done lol.

April 24th, 2010, 10:41 PM
Hmmm, did you do anything there Brigitte?

April 26th, 2010, 01:04 PM
ChasingClio's Avatar Super Mommy
Finally buying a picture frame for the kids' Easter portrait, that will have to do for now!
April 26th, 2010, 05:46 PM
That sounds good to me, I know sometimes I put something on my list and it sits on the list for months...

May 2nd, 2011, 09:58 PM
Day 3 back where you can see it

May 23rd, 2011, 07:55 PM
Oh my gosh I'm delayed on this, whoa is this an issue too. I couldn't even remember the details I needed. I did work on his baby book (which should have been FINISHED a year ago and is nowhere near it!)

June 19th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Happy Mommy
We updated/printed photos and put in our photo albums
June 20th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Great, thanks for sharing

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search