October Ghostly Monsterous Chat Thread

Forum: 2004 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2004 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2010, 02:48 AM
mousemomof3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mousemomof3
Talk about anything and everything here. Use this thread as a dailly chat room. And have loads of fun.

October 1st, 2010, 07:25 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Last months thread: 39 replies!

That is ONE short of making it to 3 pages. Let's make it our goal to be chatty enough to have 3 pages this month!

How was day 1 of October ladies?

October 6th, 2010, 09:13 AM
very busy lol. How is everyone doing today? How are your 2004er's doing today?

October 6th, 2010, 12:32 PM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
My 04'er had picture day yesterday and due to the ackwar growing out of his hair I am hoping it turned out. I styled it but yoy know boys lol. He woke up at 6:30 am this morning just so he could play the wii while i was asleep lol
October 6th, 2010, 12:57 PM
RinkMom's Avatar Super Hockey Mom
We got back our school pics and he was not smiling at all. Just a scowl -- like "I don't want to be doing this". His big brother is really rubbing off on him.

Ladies. Since I am kinda new here, why don't you tell me something about yourself that I may have missed? I want to get to know everyone better....
October 6th, 2010, 02:23 PM
CrystalAnne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Gracie is still struggling in school. She has her first appointment with a therapist tomorrow. Hopefully we will learn if there is something (anxiety, emotional issue etc) hindering her or if she is truly just. . . .not interested in behaving at school. I get annoyed everytime I come in to this PR lately. . .probably just hormones, but that's why i've been more quiet.
October 6th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Good luck tomorrow. I will be thinking about you and Gracie.

HUGS!

Sorry you are finding it hard coming to the PR lately. I hope things get better.
October 8th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousemomof3 View Post
very busy lol. How is everyone doing today? How are your 2004er's doing today?
Dude every day is busy, seriously, isn't it? This week is a miracle week. When I found out our state in-service was not required, meaning I have a 4 day weekend, I was thrilled. I didn't wake up today with that sense of doom that I'm not ready to go back to work tomorrow cuz I have so much more to do like I normally do on a weekend...I still have 2 MORE days of weekend! Woo!
And thus, my day is awesome.

Courtney had a play date with her Preschool friend earlier...she has a friend from preschool that lives not far from us that we try to play with whenever we have been around, and now they're getting together semi-often since we live here again. Rock went too cuz she has a 3 year old sister. He started preschool this week, at the same place Courtney went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahmomma View Post
My 04'er had picture day yesterday and due to the ackwar growing out of his hair I am hoping it turned out. I styled it but yoy know boys lol. He woke up at 6:30 am this morning just so he could play the wii while i was asleep lol
Courtney's is later this month. Her hair has started doing funny things, I hope Nick takes good care of it, puts a bow in or something on that day, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2B5 View Post
We got back our school pics and he was not smiling at all. Just a scowl -- like "I don't want to be doing this". His big brother is really rubbing off on him.

Ladies. Since I am kinda new here, why don't you tell me something about yourself that I may have missed? I want to get to know everyone better....
I love those kind of questions, and getting to know people. For some reason though when I get asked them I'm like a deer in the headlights and can't answer. I could answer by just like giving you my life story...I need to update my who I am post in the stickie, but I would suggest you start there, and if you have questions, ask! I like to answer! How about you tell us something about you!?

October 8th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalAnne View Post
Gracie is still struggling in school. She has her first appointment with a therapist tomorrow. Hopefully we will learn if there is something (anxiety, emotional issue etc) hindering her or if she is truly just. . . .not interested in behaving at school. I get annoyed everytime I come in to this PR lately. . .probably just hormones, but that's why i've been more quiet.
Awww, PM me and tell me why, unless it is what you've already PM'd me about.

October 8th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Some things about me:

I am probably the oldest or, at least, one of the oldest here (39)

I love to drive, find it very cathartic and am not comfortable when someone else is driving.

I met my DH in a bar on campus. I was the bartender. We have been married 12 years.

I have 3 cats and one dog and we live in the middle of the forest.
October 8th, 2010, 08:21 PM
I think we have some ladies who come by at least sometimes who are around your age. I know our other co-host is the co-host of Thirty Something, and I believe she's in the 2nd half of that decade...??

I totally understand the driving thing, though I kinda like to not drive anyway.

I met my dh in the library at our high school as my friend's crush, later boyfriend who I just totally didn't see what she saw in him...lol. We're heading towards 8 years of marriage, we got married at 18, in December 02.

We have no pets here.

Can I ask a question about something your siggy says, or would you prefer not to discuss your angels?

October 8th, 2010, 08:46 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Things are going good here just busy. Seems like if I get down time its not computer time. Its clean the house or do laundry or some other chore time. I guess that means no down time LOL. But eventually things will quiet out or I will find a better schedule.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

October 9th, 2010, 10:27 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
How is everyone's Saturday going?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

October 9th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJD3Tdance View Post
I think we have some ladies who come by at least sometimes who are around your age. I know our other co-host is the co-host of Thirty Something, and I believe she's in the 2nd half of that decade...??

Can I ask a question about something your siggy says, or would you prefer not to discuss your angels?
Glad I am not the only oldie.

Feel free to ask about my angels. I try not to talk about my losses so I don't make other people uncomfortable. But, truthfully, talking about them helps me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessP View Post
How is everyone's Saturday going?

DH is not in a good mood and refuses to admit it. Ugggh!

Other than that just went to Children's Place and got the kid's winter coats for 60% off! I love sales!
October 9th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Courtney and Rock and I just got back from a birthday party...she turned 7, the kid.

I was going to ask about the one that says due to down syndrome. I didn't know that could cause a loss? Any info you could give on that?

I'm not feeling to well, and I'm just gunna out and admit it, whenever my tummy feels like this I start asking myself "Am I...in need of a stick to pee on?" And I'm also going to go out and admit I hope I'm being paranoid, cuz I was actually enjoying teaching not pregnant for the first time ever...and my mother will just kill me if I am...*worries*

October 9th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Pee on a stick!!!!

My last two losses they did not do genetic testing due to my age but I did have the IPS done prior to each loss. For both losses, the IPS came back with a strong likelihood of Down Syndrome. I have talked to my OB about this and he is pretty sure of a chromosomal issue, most likely Downs if you look at everything including the test results. Given that we have had four healthy children, he is ruling out other things such as a clotting or genetic factor. Also the fact that I lost the babies early in the second tri is also indicative of the weaker hearts associated with Down Syndrome. The first loss 4 years ago, the IPS indicated Trisomy 18. Of course, the IPS is not 100%.

I know it is scary but my OB told me that only 10% of babies with down syndrome actually make it to birth due to heart malformations.

Hope this all makes sense to you, I am not sure how well I am describing it.

Last edited by RinkMom; October 9th, 2010 at 05:57 PM.
October 9th, 2010, 07:01 PM
No, I'm fighting the urge cuz I've been sick off and on since we moved here, and I'm always paranoid before my period returns after having a baby, but have never been pregnant before it happened. I try to do careful.

Oh wow, I didn't realize Downs Syndrome was so deadly. I mean I just an hour ago saw the girl who was Homecoming Queen when I was a sophomore at my high school...she has Downs Syndrome, and she looks healthy and happy (she was at work when I saw her), so I didn't realize she is a rare case, well I realized she's high functioning for Downs, but wow.

I have always said I've wanted 6 kids, and my goal is to be done by the time I'm 35. (As in the last one could be born then, but hopefully not after) I'm afraid of the upped risk, and apparently afraid for a better reason than I thought...

October 11th, 2010, 02:18 PM
so you are planning on more then Christen

October 11th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Always have been, dh says he isn't sometimes...but he also says I'll always be able to talk him into it.

October 13th, 2010, 06:58 AM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
I am sick as a dog and my wedding anniverasry is coming up on sunday. we were supposed to go out but if i still feel like this i think that we are gonna end up passed out surrounded by kleenex and cold meds. Boo to that!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search