Moms of 1st graders (and others if interested)

Forum: 2004 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2004 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2010, 09:03 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I'm interested...I know we have everything from developmentally delayed to on their way to Mensa in this group probably, and I'm not interested in a competition, but I'm curious, if you go through the words on this site with your kiddos (http://www.smbsd.org/uploaded/readin...irst_grade.pdf) where is the first word they miss (ie you have to tell them, help them with, etc.)?

Just wondering...I thought it would be interesting to see how everyone's reading is progressing, I'm really truly not trying to start a "My kid's a better reader than your kid war here" so please don't make it one!

October 27th, 2010, 06:53 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Oh how interesting, I will have to do this tonight with him once we get home.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

October 27th, 2010, 09:37 AM
mousemomof3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mousemomof3
I will have to check out this link later to since I have to leave for myafternoon bus run to bring the students home

October 28th, 2010, 06:58 PM
I had Courtney do them, and she messed up on the first page actually! She's got a problem with the word here, she tends to say her about 25% of the time, and this was part of the time. So she made it to here. Next time I come on I'll have her try again. OH, well here she is reading my message, lol.

October 28th, 2010, 07:13 PM
jenny poo27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
christopher got to the last page and needed some help on thoughts but all i had to do was say sound it out to him and he got it...so I guess you could say he knew them all...But i will ask him again tomorrow and see if he still can get all the way through it.

October 29th, 2010, 04:51 AM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
Brayden made it to number 4 before struggling on one word although he did get it by sounding it out and then he made it to the 8th before he needed help. I am going to keep working on it with him though because he continued to read words after the 8th although struggled on some of them. I think that any difficulties he is having are because he is unsure of himself not because he can't, kwim. Which is why he struggles with reading at school and zips through books at home.

Thanks for thie Christen I was actually looking for something like this a week ago when I was told Brayden needed extra help for reading at school which just doesnt match his reading level at home.
October 30th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Our school sent home the 1st grade words and we were supposed to make them flashcards, I thought that was awesome, cuz we didn't get a big list like that last year. Courtney's showing great improvement.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search