Round Two

Forum: 2004 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2004 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2011, 06:32 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I said when I started this Care Dare (about a year ago) it was my plan to do it with Courtney and then do it with Rock. I can't believe how long it took me to get it done with Courtney, but I'm dedicated to doing it with Rock, so I hope I'll find some people to join me.

This is the official sign up thread. I'll begin two weeks from day. (The Sunday AFTER Easter) May 1st. I'll be holding sign ups until then and I'll send you a PM on the 1st to remind you we're starting.

We'll be using the threads we used before, I'll just bump them up where you can see them, if you'd like to take a look at some of them, they're all posted in here.

If you're still wondering what the care dare is, that's one way to check it out. Another is to know, I got the idea after doing the Love Dare to do something where I focused on my child for 28 days. (4 weeks). For four weeks there will be dares to focus on your kiddo getting different things done. Some women last year tried to do more than one kid at a time. I just picked one child with the idea I'd do it a second time with my other kids. I also designed it with my 2004 child (then 5.5) in mind, but we had women with babies trying to adapt dares as well. Courtney really enjoyed the things I did with her, even though she was unaware and I really enjoyed doing them.

So sign up to join us!

Last edited by LJD3Tdance; April 19th, 2011 at 05:34 PM. Reason: *fixed date
April 18th, 2011, 11:59 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am confuesd

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

April 18th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Why don't you check out our first dare and see if that helps you clear it up: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...e-to-read.html

April 19th, 2011, 04:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
I'm not from the PR, but I want to sign up!

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
April 19th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Mystixism's Avatar Mistress of the Universe
I am not from the PR but I would love to join you as well I am assuming this is how we sign up?

April 19th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Yes, consider yourselves both signed up, I'll send you PMs on the 1st/30th to remind you that it has started/will be starting.

April 20th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Happy Mommy
I'm in! (visiting)
April 20th, 2011, 11:49 PM
^You don't have to be visiting you know...you have an 04er

April 22nd, 2011, 05:50 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm in!
April 24th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Glad to have you ladies, spread the word if you have anybody you know who'd be interested.

April 28th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Happy Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJD3Tdance View Post
^You don't have to be visiting you know...you have an 04er
shows how much I pay attention to what board I am posting in. no I'm not visiting, but I haven't been over here in forever.
April 29th, 2011, 04:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
I'm so excited! I just wanted to add - if you are pregnant, you can still participate! I can help with ideas if you're not sure how the Care Dares can be used during pregnancy.

For instance, the first care dare is to increase reading time. If you don't already read to your baby in the womb, just pick up a book and read aloud. Dalton still loves the book I read to him while he was in the womb. Care Dare 2 is to create art to share with your child. If the child is old enough, they can make something with you, but otherwise (like in the case of pregnancy), you make something for your baby. Perhaps something you're hanging in the nursery, which I think some of you are already doing. #3 is caring for memories - making a scrapbook or writing a letter to your unborn child.

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
April 29th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Mom of 2
I'm in!!
April 30th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by way2gomom View Post
I'm so excited! I just wanted to add - if you are pregnant, you can still participate! I can help with ideas if you're not sure how the Care Dares can be used during pregnancy.

For instance, the first care dare is to increase reading time. If you don't already read to your baby in the womb, just pick up a book and read aloud. Dalton still loves the book I read to him while he was in the womb. Care Dare 2 is to create art to share with your child. If the child is old enough, they can make something with you, but otherwise (like in the case of pregnancy), you make something for your baby. Perhaps something you're hanging in the nursery, which I think some of you are already doing. #3 is caring for memories - making a scrapbook or writing a letter to your unborn child.
That's great. I didn't think to talk to the DDC ladies about that. We should totally invite them.

May 1st, 2011, 09:00 PM
sHaiRah's Avatar JM Addict-In-The-Making
I'm in!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search