Popping in

Forum: 2004 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2004 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2012, 07:27 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Hi ladies. Sorry I've abandoned the pr. I really have no excuse other than being pregnant and hormonal. The end of the pregnancy ended up being harder on me than I thought it would. Lots of stress going on with the new house made me stress and in turned raised my blood pressure. I ended up with pre-e sometime between weeks 37-38. Who knows, it might have been sooner, but my weekly appointments showed normal bp range. Last weekend I had started to show signs of early labor, so I was trying to walk and do all the things you can do to bring labor on. I think that just stressed me out more cause I would get a good rhythm of contractions then stall out. Finally, last Sunday I had a good bout of contractions that were between 5-15 mins but again I stalled out. I lost the rest of my plug and was just awaiting either bloody show or a better rhythm of contractions. By Monday morning I had them coming 5 mins apart so I went to L&D. By the time I got there my bp was really high and they admitted me for an induction. I was hoping for natural labor since I had been dilating since week 36.

In the end the induction was what was best for my own health. Ethan arrived on Monday, July 23rd at 7:28PM. He was 7lbs 12oz and 21.3 inches long. His apgar scores were 9/9. He's perfectly healthy, however, I'm not. My bp is still super high but stable enough to be home. I just have to take meds for the next 60 days to be sure I'm OK. I've been EBF'n and he seems to be doing well so far. I hope I can keep this up since it's my first time being able to ebf. Normally I have to supplement and end up going to the bottle since I never produce enough. Lil Kev is on cloud 9 with his baby brother so far, as the rest of the kids are too.

Ladies, I have been feeling horrible for not being a good host to you all. I've been thinking about stepping down for a while but didn't want to leave Christen all alone knowing she's having a rough time too. However, I just don't know that I can commit fully to the group. We're not exactly a chatty group, and that makes it harder for me get into hosting. I know it's part of my job to bring the group up to a chatty one, but it's hard when there are hardly replies to threads. I know I'm a big factor in that also, that's why I feel like I am failing the group. Right now I need to focus on getting better and getting a good routine going with Ethan so we can ebf properly. I just don't feel like I have the energy to host this pr. It's one that IMO needs lots of enthusiasm and attention that I just can't offer right now. I'm still mulling this over in my head, but I think I'm leaning towards stepping down and allowing another wonderful momma to step up and provide for you ladies like I can't do at the moment. I hope that is OK with you all and there will be no hard feelings about it.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

July 29th, 2012, 04:07 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Congrats on your new little one. I'm so tired I have nothing else to say, I did read the whole post though.

July 30th, 2012, 05:26 PM
RinkMom's Avatar Super Hockey Mom
Glad to hear that Ethan has arrived and is well. Sorry that you are not feeling that great. We understand that you have alot going on but we will miss you if you step down.
July 30th, 2012, 08:14 PM
mousemomof3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mousemomof3
Congratulations with the birth of Ethan. I hope your blood pressure comes down and stays down for you.

August 2nd, 2012, 04:27 PM
Evenblindly's Avatar lost 28lbs in 90 days!
Send a message via Yahoo to Evenblindly
Congrats on the new little one! Im sorry that things are not well on your end, I know how blood pressure issues can be during pregnancy! take care of yourself!

And I do it FREE check out more info ----->> http://jessicakopac.myvi.net/
Thank you Vicki for my AWESOME siggy!!

Follow me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/evenblindly?ref=tn_tnmn

"I will walk by faith, even when i cannot see! because this broken road prepares your will for me"
August 2nd, 2012, 09:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on the arrival of Ethan. Hope your blood pressure goes down soon and that you feel better soon

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search