Project a week

Forum: Arts and Crafts

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Arts and Crafts LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 12th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok since Lisa is out with an eye injury I'm going to get this started.

I'm making this a challenge!

You must post a daily post stating if you made any progress and what it was or if you didn't and why.

For every *daily* post you get 2 points; for every picture post of progress [one post with up to 3 pix] you get 5 points; for every completed project you get 30 points.

YOU MUST KEEP TRACK OF YOUR OWN POINTS! I NOR LISA WILL DO THIS FOR YOU!!!

At the end of the week I will make a post and you will reply with your point total. Whoever has the most points and completed their project will get a blinkie or graphic of some sort!

I will be gone next weekend but should be able to check online.

October 13th, 2008, 10:24 AM
tjo9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to tjo9
Ok well I actually got to work on my (well my DD) panda . I got the part of the eyes sewn together and pinned in place. It doesn't sound like much progress but I had to pick what colors of felt matched best and I cut out other colors to try. Little stuff like that plus getting everything I need and then putting it away. I'm hoping to be finished tonight
October 13th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope you get it done Tammi!

In order to machine quilt my finished quilt tops, I need to watch the video and install my quilt frame. I also need to set up my tables to put the frame on. I want to do this by next weekend.

Lucky mother to five!

October 13th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Lindsey608's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Lindsey608
I'm still chugging along wtih my little cross stitch ornament. It's sloooow going since I only get it out to work on at night after DD is in bed. And I'm not following the pattern colors exactly so it takes me forever to decide which thread to use, lol! But I WILL finish it... um.. before Christmas at least!

October 14th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I am working on a crochet blanket for DD but this is a longer project than a week as it is making 150 squares of 2 colors on each square. But I'm almost through with the first 2 sets of color.
I'm also working on washcloths that I will hand dye. I need to make quite a few of these but little a day.

Yesterday I started a washcloth, nothing on the blanket. Today I am working on the washcloth too. Post more later, kids are fighting.

October 14th, 2008, 12:37 PM
xosparklesxo
I was making so much progress on everything for awhile there! Right now I am re-organizing and cleaning a lot and my crafts have been getting neglected! So, count me out for this one! *LOL*
October 14th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Right now I'm up my my eyeballs digi scrapping calendars for Christmas presents, so the quilt frame hasn't gotten up. Maybe my goal this week is to finish the calendar, I've only got three pages left---can I do that?

Okay, I've decided I've got an even better project that I might actually complete this week-I need to make a Diego snuggle blanket for DS since I took away his soothers on Sunday night. I've got the fabric, I just need to whip something up for him to go to sleep with. This is my new project for this week

Lucky mother to five!

October 15th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Thanks Marie I did finish up my panda bear but I haven't got pic's up yet. I had it already started though before this week though so I don't know if that counts.

I started a new panda last night and hope to do some more on it tonight . Or maybe I should finish my water bottle holders. I'm bad about starting a new projects before I finish a new one.

Good Luck with the blanket Marie my little johnny is a blanket boy himself. I think the calendar is a good idea too . Because I had already started my project too.
October 15th, 2008, 08:51 PM
I wanna see pics!!!

I thought alot about sewing the snuggle blanket today I actually measured a bought one he has against my arm so I know what size to sew the Diego one, LOL! I call that progress in my household! I have done another digi scrap calendar page today, though!!

Lucky mother to five!

October 16th, 2008, 04:58 AM
I wish I could sew! Some day I'm going to get a machine and teach myself how.

For now, I'm a-stitchin away on my ornament. It's slow going with TV to distract me every night.

Here's some progress though! I should finish it by this weekend no problem.

October 16th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Pretty!!

Today I again thought about sewing the snuggle blanket, never made it down there yet...

Lucky mother to five!

October 17th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Lindsey- can't wait to see your ornament all finished up . That what I do to watch tv (which I only get to do when the kids are in bed) to is work on crafts.

Marie- I know how that is maybe you will get a chance to work on it today.

I got one of my teddy bear water bottle holders finished up I had to sew on the strap ,eyes ,nose. and buttons.I took pictures so hopefully DH will show me how to get them onto the computer. He always does it but not when I want it done of course lol. So I took pic's of all my WIP or UFO's or whatever you want to call them . So when I was going though them I found 2 cupcakes that are crocheted they just need sprinkes ,eyes , mouth and sewed together and stufed so I'm hoping to get those done tonight. So hopefully tommorow I will have pic's.

October 17th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Ok I talked to DH on the phone and he told me how to plug in the camera and all that. So here they are

I also sewed the eyes on johnny's snake but I'm not counting that for points .I got the little panda purse ,diary,and pens all at the dollar section in target awhile back for alina and my niece too so I wanted to make them a panda to go with it. Also I made Danny awhile ago this hat but never shared it so while I'm doing pic's I put it in but it isn't for points.

October 17th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Great work!!!

I'm going downstairs to work on my stuff tonight, maybe...

Lucky mother to five!

October 17th, 2008, 05:40 PM
SO cute Tammi!!!

I guess I should mention I can't -really- finish this ornament. I'm planning on putting one of the twins' names on the sign that the snowman is holding. Except we haven't chosen names yet

October 17th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Thanks Ladies!!!

Oh so no names picked out at all???
October 18th, 2008, 05:17 AM
Lisadear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Lisadear Send a message via Yahoo to Lisadear
right now my only thing is to clean up all my many WIPs .. I have a LOT of stuff left undone so I need to jot them down properly and work from there

</div>
October 18th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Going to sew this evening

Lucky mother to five!

October 18th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Thanks Ladies!!!

Oh so no names picked out at all???[/b]
Nope.. we're waiting for the "perfect" names to come along. And I'm starting to think they aren't gonna!!

October 18th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Going to sew this evening[/b]
Woot!!! can't wait to see the blanket!!!
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks Ladies!!!

Oh so no names picked out at all???[/b]
Nope.. we're waiting for the "perfect" names to come along. And I'm starting to think they aren't gonna!!
[/b]
The pressure is on

I only got 1 of my cupcakes(the ones that were in my WIP pic above) done last night . I sewed beads around the top but they don't show up to good in the pic . One more christmas gift down !!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search