I've been busy!!!

Forum: Arts and Crafts

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Arts and Crafts LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2008, 11:00 AM
xosparklesxo
I finally finished the latch hook I've been working on. Soon I will be turning it into a pillow as a gift for my Dad and Stepmom! I will hand embroider the pillow backing before assembling it. Here's the finished design!

I got to start crocheting!!!! I am SO excited!!!!! My husband bought me some basic stuff I wanted to get started. I got really cheap yarn, the Red Heart stuff. Yes, it sucks, but I don't know what I'm doing anyways, so why ruin good yarn?

I took a few pics of my new crochet stuff! I got a kit with hooks, markers, needles, a book and a couple other goodies I think. I bought a crochet hook holder with penguins on it off of Etsy, I got a couple good books, and 2 things of yarn. I am currenty making a skinny scarf. Here's some pics of my new goodies!!

Here's a pic of everything I got all together!

Here's a close up of the books

Here's a close up of the hooks in the penguin holder

Here's a closer look at the scarf in progress

I'm having so much fun!!!! I went to a new meetup group locally for arts and crafts yesterday! It was a real blast!!!! I now have a new thing on my list of skills to learn, bead embroidery!!!!! So pretty!!!!
October 27th, 2008, 05:35 PM
tjo9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to tjo9
Oh Amber that is great look at all that progress you have made already. I dont mind the red heart I also like caron simply soft and lily's sugar and cream. Who sells the crochet hook holders on etsy? That sounds like fun to have a craft meeting. Great job!!!
October 27th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have fun!!!
October 28th, 2008, 06:59 AM
xosparklesxo
Quote:
Who sells the crochet hook holders on etsy?[/b]
The lady I bought it from didn't have much, but I found other crochet hook holders on Etsy pretty easily by searching for them! It would be an easy project to make yourself too, but it was pretty cheap, and it was a fabric I'd been eying for awhile but couldn't figure out what I would do with.
October 29th, 2008, 09:56 AM
I think I might have to make one to because my favorite hooks are big on the end and won't fit in a standard case . The case they came with is ugly old lady tapestry and now of course they have changed it to something much cuter. Looks like you are doing great with your scarf!!!
October 29th, 2008, 08:06 PM
xosparklesxo
Quote:
I think I might have to make one to because my favorite hooks are big on the end and won't fit in a standard case . The case they came with is ugly old lady tapestry and now of course they have changed it to something much cuter. Looks like you are doing great with your scarf!!![/b]
I finished my scarf! I love it!!! I'm so proud! Tonight I'm trying to crochet a little cupcake. We'll see!! *LOL*

I have started sewing the edges of the piece of fabric my next cross stitch will go on. It's a MASSIVE project so it will take a long time, but it is just breathtaking!!! I have to do it, but it will probably take several months, maybe a year or more to complete.

October 30th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Oh wow what is the cross stitch of ? Is it for you or a gift? Let me know how the cupcake is going . I have one done that I just need to put on the beads for sparkles and sew and stuff it together . Oh yeah if you are on raverly now my name over there is tjo9 too if you want to add me as a friend. I have some more progect to add but I'm having a hard time getting my photobucket to work at raverly so I'm thinking of doing a flicr account. If you get a chance I would love to see you scarf all finished . You really got the hang of it quick . Great Job!!!
October 30th, 2008, 12:56 PM
xosparklesxo
Quote:
Oh wow what is the cross stitch of ? Is it for you or a gift? Let me know how the cupcake is going . I have one done that I just need to put on the beads for sparkles and sew and stuff it together . Oh yeah if you are on raverly now my name over there is tjo9 too if you want to add me as a friend. I have some more progect to add but I'm having a hard time getting my photobucket to work at raverly so I'm thinking of doing a flicr account. If you get a chance I would love to see you scarf all finished . You really got the hang of it quick . Great Job!!![/b]
I'm going to make a seperate post about the cross stitch in a minute with lots of pictures!! It's amazing!!!!

My cupcake is almost done. Not perfect, but hey it's the second thing I ever crocheted! *LOL* I inluded a pic of my scarf and the cupcake progress.

I LOVE crochet so far!!!!! I think I am doing pretty well for a BRAND new begginer. I was very confused by the cupcake pattern at first, but I just read it a few times, thought about what it said, and was able to figure it out. I think I may be good at this crochet thing!
October 30th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Lisadear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Lisadear Send a message via Yahoo to Lisadear
oh how cool is all of that stuff??? way to go! love it!

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
October 31st, 2008, 07:28 AM
I don't think you are good at crochet I know you are that is a great job . I can't believe that you just started crocheting . I took forever to read a pattern when I started to crochet.

You should get this ladies book I have it. http://amigurumipatterns.blogspot.co...label/patterns
She has some free patterns too.
October 31st, 2008, 01:28 PM
xosparklesxo
Quote:
I don't think you are good at crochet I know you are that is a great job . I can't believe that you just started crocheting . I took forever to read a pattern when I started to crochet.

You should get this ladies book I have it. http://amigurumipatterns.blogspot.co...label/patterns
She has some free patterns too.[/b]
It took me a minute to figure it out! I couldn't tie the knot around the hook at first because I didn't understand! When I first started practicing I got confused about a couple of the differences between the stitches, but I stuck with it and figured it out. I'm so proud now! My cupcake is done. It's a little retarded! But I am still proud of my lopsided cupcake because I am it's mommy! *LOL*

Those things are confusing at first! I bet it scares a lot of people off! It almost did me too, but I'm pretty determined and I knew I could figure it out!!!
November 1st, 2008, 04:11 PM
Yes I was scared of patterns when I first started to crochet. So you are doing great . I bet your little cupcake is cute too!!!
November 7th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
awesome job! I just started crocheting myself.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search