What do you know, what are you working on...

Forum: Arts and Crafts

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Arts and Crafts LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2008, 11:10 AM
xosparklesxo
So, with this year quickly approaching it's end I've been giving some thought to the things I'd like to learn how to do, or improve my skills in!! I thought maybe some of you were doing the same!

Here's Where I'm At

Skills I'm Happy With
Of course there is always room for improvement, but these are things that I feel like I can pick a projcet and just do!

*Cross Stitch
*Latch Hook
*Hand Embroidery
*Scrapbooking

Skills I'm Currently Working On
*Crochet

Skills I'd Like to Improve On
*Jewelry Making - I have very basic experience here, nothing outstanding
*Sewing - Very limted experience here, I need to branch out and get brave!
*Stamping Techniques - like learning embossing and other fancy stuff I feel confident I will get these techniques quickly, what's holding me back is getting the supplies I want

Skills I Want to Learn by the End of 2009 (Yes, NEXT YEAR)
*Resin Pendants
*Bead Embroidery
*Card Making - kind of going along the stamping techniques line, but a bit more to it
*Cake Decorating
*Working With Felt - 3d food toys, and lots of embellishments for shirts, stockings, scrapbooks, etc. This should be pretty easy for me as I'm good at hand sewing, but I haven't done it so I hate to assume!

Skills I Want to Learn Someday - I'd love it to be soon, but I have to be realistic about time and money, so who knows when
*Machine Embroidery design, after I get a machine I want to create my own designs!
*Making small slay sculptures, like with Fimo, minature food and such
*Knitting
*Fabric Painting - I want to experiment with this for bags and aprons and such
*Glass painting - I would love to design vases and wine glasses

In the VERY distant future I'm also interested in
*Pottery
*Quilt Making

I probably won't tackle these until my kids are grown!!!

So, everyone please share their priorites and goals, even if it's not new skills maybe it's specific project goals, or improving in certain areas, like using a new color pallete because you're stuck in a rut or something.
October 27th, 2008, 05:52 PM
tjo9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to tjo9
Well Danny is in my lap so its hard to type but I crochet ,haven't used the sewing machine in years but I used to , Used to decorate cakes at krogers so I'm ok with that skill but wish I had all the same equipment like a air brush, image projecter etc..

Would like to be better at embroidery and am starting to knit . I did a little basket weave to practice and now I'm doing a stockeinette sp? stitch washcloth but my edges aren't quite right I think but I will post it when I'm done in paw because it is the first thing I ever finished knitting well if I finish it lol! I should be doing christmas gifts so ... oh and the only other thing is I want to write crochet patterns I already have some cute ideas

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search