Everyone please check in here!

Forum: Arts and Crafts

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Arts and Crafts LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2008, 08:26 AM
xosparklesxo
I JUST got the host position here! I thought it would be fun to have everyone check in real quick. I'm hoping to get some new people to the board, and I talk to the current active members on here, but I'm not sure which crafts all of you do on a regular basis!

Name:

Tell us about our kiddos:

What kinds of arts and crafts do you enjoy doing, or want to learn?

Is there anything specific you'd like to see on this board?

Thanks!!!!
November 10th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Name: Marie

Tell us about our kiddos: Nolan 25 months

What kinds of arts and crafts do you enjoy doing, or want to learn? I digi scrap and quilt

Is there anything specific you'd like to see on this board? I like daily questions, I really like project of the week
November 10th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Name: Ashlie

Tell us about our kiddos: Kiely [Pronounced Kylie] is 5 y/o; Jase is 16 months. I homeschool them.

What kinds of arts and crafts do you enjoy doing, or want to learn? Crochet, Knitting, Sewing, starting to Quilt...Any type of kid crafts too.

Is there anything specific you'd like to see on this board? Maybe some tutorials, challenges.... I'm not good at staying on task [as you probably noticed with the POTW].

November 10th, 2008, 10:27 AM
xosparklesxo
Name: Amber

Tell us about our kiddos: I have a baby girl named Tiffany who will be turning 6 months on the 23rd of November. We are expecting number 2 around July 1st, they'll be about 13 months apart and we are so excited!!!!

What kinds of arts and crafts do you enjoy doing, or want to learn? I LOVE latch hook and cross stitch, I recently started crochet. I have dabbled in sewing and really want to become MUCH better at it. There's lots of other things I want to learn soon, like cake decorating, glass painting, etc.

I'd like to try some new things on this board, but it's going to take a little research and getting organized to get everything started. I'd love to include project ideas, and have different topics featured on a regular basis, maybe monthly. Say one month we focus on talking about cake decorating, we discuss the supplies, how to learn to do it, and find wonderful pictures of decorated cakes to share for inspiration, as well as any website links related to that topic.
November 10th, 2008, 10:43 AM
tjo9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to tjo9
Name: Tammi

Tell us about our kiddos:Alina (say the i like a E ) is going to be 5 in Dec. She has JRA and she wants to do every craft thing I do and also ask to do alot of kid craft things. Johnny is 3 and is maybe 1 inch shorter than Alina and everyone thinks they are twins. Danny is 6 months and has 2 teeth and 5 more breaking though that I can see so with that and my MIL living with me until Dec. I haven't been posting much .

What kinds of arts and crafts do you enjoy doing, or want to learn? Well the only thing I get to do lately is crochet .I'm addicted to making amigurumi's. I'm learning to knit. I used to sew and used to decorate cakes at Krogers. I do calligraphy I did the wedding invitations for 3 different weddings but not anymore lol! I would like to do shrink plastic and embroidery .

Kids crafts (preschool age) easy ones that focus on learning and fun. My daugther asks to do something almost everyday it is hard to come up with stuff everyday. I know in our DDC people had journal or picture threads I would like something like that where we edit are 1st post to add all of our FO's so everone can see each others work.
November 12th, 2008, 01:41 PM
mater bibit
Name: Alicia

Tell us about our kiddos: DS Locke will be 3 in February, DD Nika is just a little over 1 year old and we're expecting another boy in just a few months!

What kinds of arts and crafts do you enjoy doing, or want to learn? I knit, crochet and in theory, I sew

Is there anything specific you'd like to see on this board? The journal idea sounds great and so do challenges of some sort -- might be great for booting my lazy backside out of a slump.
November 12th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Lindsey608's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Lindsey608
Name: Lindsey

Tell us about our kiddos: Chloe (27 months) and twins on the way in a few more weeks!

What kinds of arts and crafts do you enjoy doing, or want to learn? I like to knit, cross-stitch, and do paper crafts.. lots with the kiddo these days!

Is there anything specific you'd like to see on this board? I'll probably be more of a lurker for awhile while we adjust to having two newborns around but I'll do my best to check in and participate in anything you guys come up with!

November 21st, 2008, 12:10 PM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Name: Michelle

Tell us about our kiddos: David is 10 and in 5th grade and Hailey is 5 and in K

What kinds of arts and crafts do you enjoy doing, or want to learn? I like paper crafts (mostly card making) any kid's craft's and we love making holiday and seasonal themed crafts

Is there anything specific you'd like to see on this board? my visits here have been far and few between that I really don't know what to suggest. Maybe have members do tutorials to teach different techniques of their crafts they do.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search