how do I get started?

Forum: Arts and Crafts

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Arts and Crafts LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2004, 11:10 AM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
my mom gave me a disney world scrapbook from creative memories.

I bought a sticker packet from them

How do I get started????

I am totally NOT CREATIVE .......

any advice and maybe some MUST HAVE TOOLS?

I have never had the itching to do this but if I like it, maybe I will start doing it!

thanks for all of the help in advance

August 11th, 2004, 06:59 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to HippyChickKelly
I would say
Scissors, CRopping tool~(You can get tehm fairly Cheap at Micheals!!
(and Adhesive for Adhearing the photos!!)
And Then on Creative MEmories On the sticker packet usually there is some layout ideas!!
I will ask my Good friend who used to sell CM stuff!!
Tomorow I will try to look up some good things and post the pics or links to them!!
you can usually Get stuf for good privces at Micheals !! (Can you tell I love them LOL) serioulsy I hav efound them A LOT cheaper then Most places when looking (Or JOANNS)
~Kelly
August 12th, 2004, 03:12 AM
pooker's Avatar Veteran
Some great advice I use is to plan ONE PAGE at a time. Sometimes thinking about everything is overwhelming and scary. Pick one page and take your time. I go to some scrapbooking sites that have examples of others work, and get ideas. Or ideas from books, songs, etc. But I think its important not to rush through it, so that if an idea comes across as you are working, you can adjust it!

Good luck and have fun!!!
August 12th, 2004, 05:20 AM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to chatterbox_n_floss Send a message via MSN to chatterbox_n_floss Send a message via Yahoo to chatterbox_n_floss
Okay here is my 2 cents on this.

Must have supplies
sharp scissors
photo safe adhesive
acid free cardstock/paper
paper trimmer
acid free/photo safe pens/markers (early on a basic black pen will be fine)

Keep your pages simple. Good rule of thumb for your pages since they are 8x8 is maybe 3-4 photos with a journaling square. Make sure if you crop your photos that you don't crop out too much. And let your photos tell the story with lots of journaling. Don't get caught up with all the embellishments you could slap on a page. A great magazine to check out is Simple Scrapbooks. I believe they have a website as well www.simplescrapbooks.com (don't quote me on it tho)

Hopefully in Sept I can come down and we can have a fun day of cropping!! Good luck and if you have any questions please ask!
August 12th, 2004, 06:17 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to HippyChickKelly
Here is a good layout idea for a 7X 7 book (im thinkin it is since that is what i am using to make my ABC albums for my girls!!

all Igotta say is keep it simple!!

A layout

Kelly

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search