ooohhhhh! this forum is right up my alley!!! mind if I join???

Forum: Arts and Crafts

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Arts and Crafts LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2010, 06:38 AM
jesicaRN
So my craftiness isn't all that good...yet!!! but I love love love to craft. right now it's all about baby and girlie things!!!! here is some of my work...mind you I am just beginning...

first thing I have learned....only rhing I know how to crochet...but I love doing it!!!
[IMG][/IMG]

So not professional but I wanted to try to make braclets, have made nearly one to match every outfit for baby:
[IMG][/IMG]

and then off to make paci-holders...make coordinating hair bows too...and coordinate them with chloe's outfit!!!
[IMG][/IMG]

and latest attempt...figure babies can get away with wearing anytime...red one is for Valentines day which she is wearing today!!!
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks for looking!!! so glad I found this board!!!! I figure I will get better at these but have really had fun making them!!!

Last edited by jesicaRN; February 14th, 2010 at 06:40 AM. Reason: mispelled woreds
February 16th, 2010, 07:14 AM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
SO adorable! I just figured out necklace-making. My aunt makes fused glass pendants, and I bead them for her. I love it. It's addicting!!!

I have boys, but this makes me want to make something for little girls! Are the socks and tutus hard to make? My sister is having a baby, and if it turns out to be a girl, I'm going to make it a girly-girl, since she and I simply aren't. LOL
February 16th, 2010, 01:30 PM
NewportMamaBear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to NewportMamaBear
You make some cool stuff. I like the bead work especially.
February 16th, 2010, 05:47 PM
jesicaRN
thanks!!!! oh they are easy!!! tutus especially!!!! socks took a little time but if you already know how to crochet I bet it would be a breeze!!! I don't even kniw crochet terms so I just sat next to my mom and copied her until I caught on! the sewn ruffle socks are much easier!! Just stretch out sock to measure ribbon length then sew on and stretech top of sock as you sew it!!
February 17th, 2010, 11:23 AM
twingirls52905's Avatar loving my new baby boy
Send a message via Yahoo to twingirls52905
Hello and welcome! You do some awesome work. I make hairbows and pacifier clips. My mom makes the ruffle/lace socks. I am gonna attempt tutu making soon. I love the crochet socks. My mom crochets beanies and such, wonder if she could do the socks. How do you do them? Do you have any instructions you followed?? Love to see pics of your baby girl!

February 17th, 2010, 02:42 PM
tabbymichelle's Avatar GO BUCKEYES!!! O-H-I-O!
Send a message via ICQ to tabbymichelle Send a message via MSN to tabbymichelle Send a message via Yahoo to tabbymichelle Send a message via Skype™ to tabbymichelle
Welcome! I am Tabby.. You have a lot of cute stuff!!

Tabitha & Ryan; Married on Saturday, April 17, 2004 -TTC #1 for 7.5 years. Missing our Angels...

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg
1 cycle of Clomid 100mg resulting in miscarriage
Dx with Adenomyosis on 1/28/10
Clomid 150mg 4/30(day 3) - 5/4(day 5) Ultrasound on May 10th.
5/10 - Ultrasound showed 2 perfect follies! (15mm&17mm) Ovulation predicted within 6 days! Progesterone check ordered for 5/20.
5/27 - New round of Clomid started, no ultrasound this cycle, 2 more cycles planned on our own. If no bfp, onto next step!
6/27 - Round 3 Clomid 150mg started.
7/25 - AF Showed, starting final round of Clomid 150mg on CD3
8/21- AF Showed, In the process of finding a new RE
*Waiting to see our new RE

My Personal Links:

My Facebook My Chart Follow me on Twitter! My Personal Blog Tabby's Craft Corner
Pixel Perfect Photography(My Business) Pixel Perfect on Facebook Pixel Perfect on Twitter

February 20th, 2010, 09:11 AM
jesicaRN
twingirls52905-- I do not have a pattern I follow..I just sat by my mom and did what she did until I understood--now have it memorized! I do not crochet so I don't know how to explain. I can say I bet your mom can play with it. You have to use bobby socks for the crochet ruffle. You can add beads or no beads. if you add beads you string beads on very fine yarn (alot of beads) before you crochet. I do 3stitches in each hole of the sock for first round around sock. 'chain' (i think that is what my mom calls it) 3 then 3 double (???again I think) all around. then (this pattern at end can vary)--I believe most time I chain again then do a pattern ex:- chain 2---add 3 beads---chain 2then attatch to first loop...skip next loop and repeat. AHHHH! Not good at explaining... wish I could give you more!!!
February 20th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Those are awesome.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

February 23rd, 2010, 04:52 PM
twingirls52905's Avatar loving my new baby boy
Send a message via Yahoo to twingirls52905
I bet I can search on google or something and might find something. Thanks for trying to explain though! lol

February 26th, 2010, 05:53 AM
~*Melanie*~
Great job! Everything is so cute!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search