Operation Care Package

Forum: Arts and Crafts

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Arts and Crafts LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Allforyou
If you're not familiar with this visit the website here: Operation Care Package

Quote:

We are a not for profit organzation of all volunteers, dedicated to our goal of making sure that no deployed Hero goes without mail.
About the bags:

Quote:
The bags will be sent to the national 501C3 non-profit charity, Operation Care Package in IL. The bags are filled and sent monthly to our troops. The 14" Drawstring Bag will hold a one gallon size "baggie", and filled with toiletries before they are sent to our troops. The troops use the bags for personal use, and some pass them on the children in the area where they are located.

They have a .PDF pattern to make drawstring bags that they use to send the soldiers in these care packages. I thought it would be a neat idea to make a few them out of some scrap fabric I have. I'd like to invite you all to join me in doing so.

Make sure to post a picture of your bag when you're done!

Other ways to help: How You Can Help

August 5th, 2010, 12:49 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is a really great idea! I would love to help but have so much going on between my wedding and I am doing an 11 day volunteer work session for the missing children s foundation at the end of the month.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

August 5th, 2010, 06:37 PM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Very cool though I can't sew! I may look into doing some of the other things though. Actually a few years ago we sent a Christmas card through Austin's school.

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
August 6th, 2010, 05:30 AM
Allforyou
Quote:
Originally Posted by missy123 View Post
That is a really great idea! I would love to help but have so much going on between my wedding and I am doing an 11 day volunteer work session for the missing children s foundation at the end of the month.

Totally understandable. I think they are open to donations whenever so after the wedding you could get to it. What will you be doing for the missing children's foundation? That's really great of you to help out. I wish I had more time to volunteer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~InHisHands~ View Post
Very cool though I can't sew! I may look into doing some of the other things though. Actually a few years ago we sent a Christmas card through Austin's school.
There are a ton of other ways to help out... even filling out forms! lol I thought that was neat. I've always wanted to send a Christmas card but whenever Christmas rolled around it was one of the 23789274 ideas I forgot about.
August 6th, 2010, 08:30 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am working at a big state fair for 11 days - 12 hours a day handing out flyers of children that have gone missing recently in hopes that someone can give some tips on finding them. My middle son is going with me. I have not done much volunteer work over the years but as the boys are older and don't "need" me as much I have found I have a little more free time on my hands

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

August 6th, 2010, 05:47 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
My 2 older DD's are constantly bugging me to help them sew something. I taught them how to sew a pillow for their dolls and now they think they can sew everything by themselves. This looks like something they could do. Now just to find the time between everything else I'm doing.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search