Success stories following a loss

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Regular
Hello, I just wanted to briefly share my experience.
First off, getting pregnant with our first took a little more than a year. I had tried everything from standing on my head and then finally gave up on trying anything except some frangellico, soon enough Julio was conceived and was born very healthy the day after labour day on Sept. 2006.

Baby S. was with us for 11 weeks. At week 9 I had an ultrasound. I had just told the technician prouldly that "my work was done" as if I was on some sort of a mission before age 34 to get my children born. And really I was. She did the ultrasound, and then left the room. She came back with an older gentleman and a young woman. He came to me and told me the bad news, "there was no heartbeat", i told him "I felt that i knew something was wrong" and he said "its interesting how we as mothers have this innate knowledge". I think back that I only sad that because first off I was devastated at this point, and recieving condolences from a technician I never knew really felt even more so devastating.

I drove home that day, alone and very sad. I don't even know how I got home. I cried for weeks for this loss and when my sister called me to wish me a Happy New Years for 2008 I was just like "happy new year, what the hell is so happy about it". I chose to be strong with my miscarriage. I chose to do it naturally and did not go for a D & C with the hopes that maybe the doctor was just wrong. Maybe they had missed the heartbeat afterall.

On January 2, 2008, our angel baby left our side. It was about two weeks since I knew that this waould happen. My doctor perscribed tylenol 3 for pain the two weeks prior as she supported my decision to do this naturally. When it finally happened I ended up in the emerg. with heavy hemorraging. I was put on oxygen and told I could need a blood transfusuion. That nite I had an emergency D & C, and woke up facing a momma polar bear with her two cubs picture so I gave our little angel baby a name: White bear. I thought that was a good sign. The next day I went home and was so relieved to be home and to feel the support of friends, my husband and our son who was only 15 mos. at the time. For the next few months I was pretty emotional, thank goodness my husband never left my side because I was somewhat of a wreck. The physical draining side of the m/c was intense, and then the emotional grief I found to be intense. There were times I felt I needed to talk more to someone and it was my doctor who experienced two m/c who really was my wise woman counsel and who offered just that support by listening to me as a woman and by sharing her experiences.

I just wanted to say no one can prepare you for the grief you feel after m/c. I also want to say that many people will say really inappropriate and insensitive things and you just have to let it all go. The reality is that many people just don't have a value for life the way we that have walked with our angels have. At least that's what I think. I know that I had to honour this spirit baby as a part of me and as a family member. We will never know why this happens, but can just be honoured in knowing we had that short special time with our little ones, and to keep positive for the ones who will be in our arms. In her honour, we planted a lavender bush along with a tree for our son who is nearly two. We planted these the day after Summer Soltice this year. I chose a place by a creek and beside rose bushes and deer tracks were seen. In my heart this was an honourable place, in the bush, a sacred little place..

I am now pregnant again, and just taking each day by day. I am praying more and thinking positive thoughts. This baby will be due around March 5 so I am just hopeful. They do say you are most fertile in the year after you have been pregnant so I was thinking about us who m/c, well we were pregnant so we must still be fertile. I feel very blessed right now, a little afraid but mostly humbled.
Expecting baby sister or brother for Julio,: March 11, 2009

<div align="center">

[/link]
<a href="http://www.justmommies.com" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">[/url

[url=http://counters.families.com]</a></div>

November 20th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Newbies
Well, like so many other posts, I was absolutely healthy with no history of problems whatsoever in either side of the family. There are 21 grandkids among both families and no problems at all until 2007. I have an 8 year old from a previous marriage that ended in divorce at 8 mos. pgt. I stayed single and prayed for a husband and the chance to have more children for years. Finally six years later, my prayer was answered. My DH and I knew right off we wanted a child so we were p right away. Everything was great until my 3 mo visit when I noticed bleeding. After an ultrasound, I was called and told something was abnormally wrong. After being told by one dr. to expect to miscarry (like I was losing a pet fish or something) I switched dr. It took many months and many tests to find out what was wrong. At 7 mos. we found my boy had a diaphragmatic hernia (a hole in his diaphram) and his insides has pushed through that hole and prevented his lungs and heart from developing. THe hardest part of all was that I could feel him move inside me and see his pics on ultrasound and everything was perfect as long as he was inside me. But we knew he wouldn't live outside so we just had to wait for that dreadful day. He came 9 wks early and lived for only about 15 minutes. I couldn't understnad how a baby that I had prayed for and planned and wanted so badly could be taken from me. But I knew that I wanted to try again and I completely trusted that God would bless me with another baby. So I'm know listening to my cooing little 11 wk old boy who was born almost 15 mos. later. There's no comfort and there's no explanation, but there's always hope! I know that my boy is watching over us all and that someday I'll be with him and until then, he's perfectly healthy and happy with Jesus.

January 25th, 2009, 05:18 AM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't know where to begin.

Marshall was very still at his 19 week ultrasound on March 27, 2008. Three days later, I delivered our first son.

We went through all the emotions...should we? should we not? But we eventually gave in, and didn't prevent, and didn't try. Surprise! Here I sit, due in September, and we had our first drs. appt on the 1 year anniv. of our first u/s with Marshall.
September 23rd, 2009, 05:17 PM
I was blessed in 1997 and 2000 with the births of my son and daughter. After a divorce I remarried 5 years later. My husband has never had any children although he treats my two like his own flesh and blood. He loves them and they call him Dad. I have always wanted more children and after we married in June 2008 I was very excited to have a child with him. I had a miscarriage in March and then again in July, both this year. I am now pregnant again and although I am trying to be very positive I am very scared. I will be 6 weeks this Saturday and on Wednesday I will go for a sonogram. I can't wait until the 30th just to ease my mind. I pray everyday for a healthy pregnancy and to be blessed to add to our wonderful family.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search