Thayden Christopher

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2009, 11:24 PM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
Here is it......

Well at about 11:00am on December 8th I started having some contractions, I really just thought it was false labor again because that seemed to be the pattern the last few weeks. We went out and about to do our errands, well they were getting worse and closer together, I decided it was time to go and get checked out. We took the girls to a friends house and headed to the hospital. At my appt on Thursday the 3rd I was 3-4cm and 50% effaced. I get into the room and the come in pretty fast and check me and I’m 5cm and 90% effaced. I was so excited that it was really going to happen. That was around 1:00pm they said I could go walk around for a bit then come back to my room. So Chris and I walked out in the hallway to get service on our cells and started making the phone calls letting everyone know I would be having the baby soon. We walked a good hour and then went back to the room I got hooked up and they broke my water that was around 2:30, I was still 5cm after the hour of walking. I really forgot how painful contractions are once your water is broken lol. After about 15 min I was in so much pain, they came in to check me again at about 5:00 and I was 6cm, I was so upset because I really wanted to do it with no epi but I didn’t think I could handle the pain. I waited it out another 30 min or so and then asked for the epi, didn’t take them long to get in there. It was so hard to not move during the epi because walking and moving was the only way I could get thorough the contractions. They did my epi and said after about 15 min or instant I should start to feel better. Well 30 min went by and I was still in the same amount of pain but it was only on my right side. They came back into the room to figure out what was going on, well they put the cath in to far and they needed to move it back just a bit because it was only giving me meds on the left side. They got it fixed and I was good. At about 9:30 they came in to check me and I was now 8cm and 100% effaced and Thayden was at a good +2. They at 9:50 I called them back in because I was feeling pressure and just felt different, they checked again and I was 10cm and ready to start pushing. We did some practice pushing, we decided to turn the epi down so I could feel like I was pushing better. Epi got turned down at around 11:00 so I really just had an hour to practice push and rest. At 11:00pm I started pushing after about 30 min I noticed I could feel everything again and was in so much pain. I had sever right leg pain that was making it hard to focus on pushing. After about an hour they called them back in to see why the epi wasn’t working anymore, well somewhere along the way when I was moving side to side and hands and knees I pulled it out too much and it wasn’t working again. They said they would redo it but I said no because I was pushing and there was no way I could sit still. After 3 hours of painful pushing, my midwife went to get an OB to see what was going on and why this little guy wouldn’t make his way out. At this point I really didn’t care how they got him out I just wanted him out and safe. 2 OB’s came in and checked me and then realized that he was face up and coming out cheek first, so like sideways face up lol, his head was in my right hip area which explained the severe leg pain. The OB decided to try turning him before resorting to anything else, and let me tell you OMG that was the most painful thing she did. She was able to turn in around not all the way but enough to where he wasn’t coming out sideways anymore. After she did that it was about 20 min later and he was here! At 3:02 on December 9th our baby boy was born! He weighed 7lbs 14oz and was 20 inches. The cord was around his neck once but my midwife was very quick to unwrap it. I couldn’t believe how big he was compared to my girls. He got good scores 8/9. The girls are in love and so are we. We all feel so blessed to finally have our baby here with us. After 18 months of TTC and 3 losses we finally have a healthy baby boy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search