Jayden Nathanial

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to JadasMami
Was born on March 30, 2009, at 5 months pregnant, during a routine ultrasound, they noticed he had a cyst on his left lung...not to worry, they normally go away after birth, and sometimes before the baby is born. Nontheless, the cyst caused me to have ultrasounds every 2 weeks..by the time i was 7 months pregnant, they had scheduled me to a fetal echo cardiograph, as a routine thing to just "make sure" everything else was ok.

during the echo, the cardiologist noticed that the left side of his heart was smaller than the right side, he was diagnosed with Pulmonary Stenosis, and Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. At the time we were stationed in Hawaii, and there was no pediatric surgeon on either of the islands, so the doctor informed us we would have to deliver him either in Philadelphia, or San Diego. We chose Philly, we are from NJ/NYC and it's about a 90 minute drive home, that way we could be around our families. I went into labor, 36 hours...they would not let me move around or give me anything for pain...but finally..it was over..and he was out...i barely got to hold him before they took him away to do tests...the first night he was okay, in the NICU but ok for the most part...by day 2, he had started having problems breathing, which we expected, that night he was taken into surgery, to put in a stent to help the blood flow correctly from one chamber to another.. that helped for about 12 hours...he started having problems again, this time they asked if they could put in a small camera to look around and see things they may not have seen previously on the xrays. I agreed. when they got the results, it was more than we had anticipated. He also had developed Pulmonary Hypertension, the disease that inevitably killed him. See we are all born with holes in our heart, and as we get older they close...there is an artery they needed to stay open...and in most people it stays open til after birth, however with Jayden, this artery had closed in utero, and they could not reopen it...it closed sometime between my initial appointment and the day he was born...about 3 weeks. by closing it caused the pressure, and the hypertension in his lungs.

My husband and i made the decision to take him off the meds, they closed the curtain, and placed my 2 day old son in my arms, and unhooked the machines. His father never held him, so i handed him to his father, at 8:51 pm on April 1, 2009 he was pronounced dead. we flew around the world to insure his safety, went through a hard labor to bring him into the world...and god took him back. its' been 2 years, and i now have a 2 month old little girl...but i miss him still so much, and my heart still aches for him. i dont suppose i will ever get over it, just continue to live with it.
January 4th, 2012, 05:12 PM
wow I know this won't help much (at least for me it doesn't) but I am sorry for your loss, I lost my son also named Jayden on July 20, 2007, Still remember the entire day down to the fact his father, was a moron.
March 13th, 2013, 10:29 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
I am so sorry to read about your son =( My daughter has Pulmonary Hypertension and I know just how bad that disease can be.

May 14th, 2013, 07:51 PM
liz bevan's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to liz bevan Send a message via MSN to liz bevan
I am so sorry for your loss

Thank you so much for the awesome siggie Claire
Our joys will be greater
Our love will be deeper
Our lives will be fuller
Because we shared your moment

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search