Name one thing

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
You've learned from your special needs child?

Most definitely patience for me! Progress is slow going so we take it day by day and enjoy the moment.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
March 22nd, 2009, 05:38 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I feel like I have learned a million things from and for Danny, but the big one is definitely patience. I'll full admit, I'm a toddler mom ... not a big fan of babies. It has been a huge adjustment for me to sit back and accept Danny's timeline for development and not keep waiting for him to crawl, to walk, to talk. It's still a struggle some days, but most of the time I've managed to let go and just love what he IS and not what he might be.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
March 25th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Patients.
most of your schedule going to doctors.
Try not to take advice from someone who doesn't have a special needs child,at heart.

I guess what I'm saying is it's nice to get advice,but unless that person has experience with a special needs child,what works with their child may not work with mine.

~~~Thanks Patty(pattyandthemoos)for this great siggy~~~

April 7th, 2009, 06:20 AM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
Patience for sure. I've had to realize that she acts out when she is stressed or worried, and be patient while trying to find a new way for her to express those feelings.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
April 7th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
They have taught me the value of human relationships. To never take love ones for granted and that love may not be able to conquer all but sometimes in life its the only thing you can count on

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
April 7th, 2009, 12:11 PM
kittycat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Resilience and a positive attitude, no doubt. It doesn't matter what my son is faced with, he just keeps going with a smile. He lights up every room he enters, and never fails to leave a strong impression on all those he meets. It's something to see, even when he's his weakest - he touches those around him, including me.

April 7th, 2009, 01:11 PM
~~~Sara~~~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have learned that the world is perfect through Carter's eyes, and hopefully he will never know anything different from that.

April 7th, 2009, 02:42 PM
I'd rather be in Forks
To appreciate every single day and be so THANKFUL that while we've got our challenges, they'll never top the ones I see other mama's deal with with such grace I can only stand back and admire them.

April 7th, 2009, 10:12 PM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
to trust my own instincts.

I've also learned how tough my little guy can be. He gets labs drawn every week and laughs at the nurses while they draw the blood.

To step outside my comfort zone and talk to people. LCH is often ignored and undiagnosed for months (as in Joey's case) because parents and Doctors don't know about it

To ask for help when I need it.
April 8th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Jasons_Mommy's Avatar I love my little man!!
Send a message via AIM to Jasons_Mommy
i have learned numeous things. I have learned to have patience becasue if i didnt things would be a disaster. Ive learned to be thankful for what i have becasue even though I think have a child with so many needs it really isnt that bad. and I have learned to trust my insticts, and to be presistant when it comes to my sons health!

Thank you Sara(misfitinmn) for my siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search