New here

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2009, 06:11 AM
Katlynsmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Katlynsmommy Send a message via MSN to Katlynsmommy Send a message via Yahoo to Katlynsmommy
but not new to jm i have 2 special needs children Tori my 2 yr old has speech/language disabilities and is also going to be tested for autism. Katlyn my 10 yr old has bipolar adhd disorder. we have been battling both for a little over a year. Its nice to know there is finally a diagnosis on both girls but now the road throws curves at us b/c every day is different than the one before. Its frustrating to me only b/c i am the 90% caretaker of both girls,dh works all the time 7 days a week and is barely home so its all on my shoulders.He is having a hard time understanding whats going on with them he knows there is a problem but doesnt quite no how to fix it or "help" anywho youwill see my posting quite a bit here because i will need advice i am sure. btw if you don't know my name is Kim
April 6th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
Hi Kim! Welcome
It's so hard caring for special needs children, so I understand how you feel. My DH tries, but doesn't "get it" either. It does get lonely and depressing at times. But these kids are so worth it! ((Hugs)) to you. You're an awesome Mom!

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
April 6th, 2009, 10:34 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Welcome, Kim! I agree that it is definitely hard, but there is so much rewarding too. I'm glad you finally have some diagnoses to work with - that has always been my biggest frustration, those times when you know there is something but not knowing what.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
April 7th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Katlynsmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Katlynsmommy Send a message via MSN to Katlynsmommy Send a message via Yahoo to Katlynsmommy
thank you for the warm welcome i appreciate the love. I feel i am a very good mother but at times i wanna just run and scream.Like right now as im typing my 2 yr old decided to jump off her table she was standing on to her bed and hit the wall! you tell her no she doesnt understand and i dont see why she doesnt see no means you can't do it not lets do it again lol
April 7th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
They have no fear! Makes me want to wrap them in bubble wrap.
I know with my son I really hae to pick my fights. If not, I'm pulling my hair out by lunch time. I know it's hard. Hang in there, hon.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
April 7th, 2009, 02:13 PM
~~~Sara~~~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome Kim, nice to meet you! I'm Sara mommy to Carter with Mowat Wilson Syndrome.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search