Getting to know you...

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2009, 02:19 PM
~Coley125~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Coley125~
I've been trying to make my way through the introductions and get and idea of who all is here. Its so interesting and encouraging to read about all your little ones and the things you have all gone through and continue to go to, it really puts things in perpective and reminds me that no matter how difficult things get...there is always someone who has it harder, whose child has more needs, who has less help and support to lean on, etc, etc.

I have been reading through all the diagnosis and the medical conditions and Im curious to see where all our kiddos are at milestone wise.

Im curious does your child or when did your child start...

How old is your child now?
1. Roll:
2. Sit:
3. Crawl:
4. Stand:
5. Walk:
6. Talk:

Also what is your childs diet like and are they currently in therepy and if so what/how often??

Kenzie is 15months...

1. Roll: Kenzie can roll from her back to her tummy only over her left shoulder. she's been doing that for a couple months now.
2. Sit: not yet
3. Crawl: nope
4. Stand: nope
5. Walk:nope

She is in therepy 3x/week. She does vision/PT and OT. We are currently trying to get her evaluated by a developmental therepist again as its been like 8 months since she's been evaluated.

Last edited by ~Coley125~; April 15th, 2009 at 02:24 PM.
April 15th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
Great post!!

How old is your child now? 12 months
1. Roll: yes
2. Sit: yes
3. Crawl: Not even close
4. Stand: Not even close
5. Walk: No
6. Talk: babbles

Also what is your childs diet like? She's on 4 oz bottles every 3 hrs. Thickened w/ rice and simply thick to prevent aspiration. Stage 2 baby food only! anything thicker gets choked on.

are they currently in therepy and if so what/how often?? She starts home therapy on Monday, she will get PT and OT.

Ava can't bear weight on her legs and is rarely allowed on her belly because her airway will obstruct. She isn't mobile.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
April 15th, 2009, 05:39 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Danny is 13 months old

1. Roll: He mastered this around ... 8-9 months I think
2. Sit: Since around 8-9 months
3. Crawl: Just started, 12 months
4. Stand: He can stand holding onto things, has since about 9 months (With hands) - not unsupported
5. Walk: Nope
6. Talk: Well...he's extremely vocal for a deaf baby, but nothing resembling babbling or steps to talking yet

For eating, Danny is still drinking bottles, whole milk, and eats a full complement of baby food. He gags and immediately tongue-thrusts out anything resembling more solid than that, nowhere near table food yet.

So far, Danny receives PT twice a month and AVT (hearing & speech) once a week. At our next IFSP we'll most likely be adding OT, since his fine motor skills aren't that hot.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
April 15th, 2009, 06:27 PM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
How old is your child now? almost 10 months
1. Roll: started to at 2 months, stopped by 4 months, started again at 6-1/2 months
2. Sit: 6-1/2 months
3. Crawl: 6-1/2 months
4. Stand: 6-1/2 months with support, 9 months without support for a few seconds.
5. Walk: Took some steps at 9 months but nothing since
6. Talk: said dada at 8 months but thats it

Also what is your childs diet like and are they currently in therepy and if so what/how often?? Joey's diet depends on where we are in each round. If we are on Days 1 or 2, he only eats formula. Davys 2-7 he eats everything constantly (steroids make him hungry) and days 8-21 it varies depending on his meds. Fridays he barely eats anything and the only way he does eat is with Zofran. The weekly and the every 3 week chemo makes him nauseous and tired. But the Daily does not seem to affect him much if at all, I don't know though.

As for therapy he currently has none, but we are watching his development carefully since his meds have some unknown side effects, including a possibility of delays.
April 15th, 2009, 09:49 PM
~~~Sara~~~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just as a reminder if anyone wants to look it up Carter has Mowat Wilson Syndrome. It is very rare, less than 200 cases in the world.

How old is your child now? 16 months
1. Roll: Maybe mastered by 6-7 months
2. Sit: sitting unassited was about 9-10 months
3. Crawl: barely started at 12 months, is really fast now
4. Stand: He's able to stand holding onto something, but he's not able to pull himself up yet
5. Walk: not yet, well he can walk a little with us holding his hands or using a walker, but I would be THRILLED if he walked by the time he's 2, if that tells you this is still a ways to go.
6. Talk: no, he makes sounds, but not anything like "mama" or Ba-ba"

Also what is your childs diet like and are they currently in therepy and if so what/how often??

Diet, He's not a huge eater so he drinks 3 bottles a day still, usually it's pediasure or pediasure and whole milk. He eats Oatmeal and Fiber One cereal for breakfast, I puree it and make it a hot ceral, he eats this with fruit, in the afternoon he usually eats a yogurt and dinner a veggie and a fruit, all pureed up. He's getting better at texture in his puree, but we are no where near self feeding or table food.

Therapy started at 4 months, with PT twice a week.
At 6 months we added aquatic therapy 2X a week
He also recently started Occupational Therapy and Feeding therapy once a week. All the above therapy we drive to, and last we have an infant development teacher that comes to the house once a week. Yes we are BUSY, but it seems to be paying off.

April 16th, 2009, 06:51 AM
stacyp's Avatar Mommy to Andrew & Luke
How old is your child now? 10.5 months
1. Roll: He would occasionally do it at about 7 months. The other day he realized rolling would get him somewhere
2. Sit: Not unassisted yet
3. Crawl: no
4. Stand:no
5. Walk:no
6. Talk: He says "Da Da & Ba Ba"

Also what is your childs diet like and are they currently in therepy and if so what/how often?? Luke still eats baby food.... usually stage 2. He is not ready for table food. He takes 3-4 bottles per day.
We go tomorrow for a PT/OT eval...... finally.

Thanks Yvonne (Jaidynsmum) for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search