Qotd 4/16

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
Do you have a vacation planned? Or
Have you been on vacay recently? Where to?

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
April 16th, 2009, 08:40 AM
stacyp's Avatar Mommy to Andrew & Luke
None planned. This year we are just taking the boys to the small local zoo. Next summer we may plan one.

Thanks Yvonne (Jaidynsmum) for my beautiful siggy!

April 16th, 2009, 10:09 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Nothing here on either front, honestly. Outside of going to visit family, we don't get out much, LOL. We will do a few day trips this summer to visit Renaissance festivals around the area though.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
April 16th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
We aren't planning one this year either. We are known to pack up and go places for long weekends, but who knows.

I'd love to take the kids to the Renaissance festivals, I've never been to one. And we love zoos.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
April 16th, 2009, 07:10 PM
~Coley125~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Coley125~
Nope nothing planned. We are hoping to just save this year and next year be able to do Disney or something really fun! And hoping Kenzie will make some good progress developmentally by next summer.
April 16th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
we dont have major plans, but we will probably do a weekend trip somewhere within driving distance.

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
April 16th, 2009, 08:33 PM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
Not really vacations, but May 5th we are taking the kids to Disneyland (we live less than 20 minutes from Disney) thanks to my mom and sister who are giving David the Birthday of his life at Disney. Then June 6, we are going on a road trip (me, my mom, and the kids) to Palo Alto for the regional Histio Conference and the kick off event for Hike 4 A Cure thanks to my mom who knows how important it is to me to meet other Histio Families.
April 16th, 2009, 09:35 PM
kittycat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We went to Disney World last month, and had a great time. They offer a special pass (GAC) for SN kids (we brought a note from our dr). Kyle doesn't have endurance and can't wait in the heat, so we used a stroller as a wheelchair. The pass gave us access to a special entrance area. He didn't have to wait in any lines for rides, and when we got off - our stroller would be right there. It was wonderful. Disney at spring break would not have been doable for him, without it. The first aid centers also stored his meds and neb pump for us while we were in the parks.

April 18th, 2009, 09:31 AM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Disney and Sea World (all of the parks) have been amazing with SN kids. I know several kids who have used the special passes. A lot of times, they both just give passes to the parks to kids and their families. I know that a lot of other amusement parks do this as well. Just something to think about if you all live near some parks.

We have nothing planned. We can't really leave our house for more than a couple of hours. We thought about a day trip somewhere, but have no idea if that will actually happen. It's about to be too hot to do anything outdoors for Milo. We have a family pass for a year to a local science center. Kannon loves it. Milo even likes it-there's always something we can do with him to make him enjoy it. There are several parks and the library. As far as the kids are concerned, this is all vacation.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search