Rude people

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2009, 12:34 PM
stacyp's Avatar Mommy to Andrew & Luke
I posted this the other day in my PR.

So, my Mom & I take the boys to Walmart for some stuff. We are loading them into the cart & these two girls about 20 years old are looking at bikinis. Out of the corner of my eye I notice them looking at Luke. So, I'm standing there doing whatever & I notice the one girl make a face & say "What's wrong wrong with him. Look at his eyes" & makes the slant look with her finger then they start laughing. Instinctively I say to them "You girls are so rude" well, neither one of them would look at me & they take off. Now, I am a hot head. I so badly wanted to take off after them & say that they are not my idea of beauty & ask if they would like for me to insult them to their face. But.... I didn't. I know we are going to encounter this. It's just that I knew the first time was going to be rough. I think he's the most gorgeous wonderful little person I have ever seen. It's just a shame that they are too ignorant to see it too. People are rude & I know that. It happens irregardless of your difference.... too heavy, too thin, just look "different". You name it.

Thanks Yvonne (Jaidynsmum) for my beautiful siggy!

April 16th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
I agree, Luke is gorgeous. I know we'll all encounter rude (ignorant) people and we want so much to protect our children from these people as much as possible. I'm not looking forward to the day our kids realize they are being made fun of. Like you said, people find fault in everyone. I'm sorry you have to deal with that. I won't lie, a part of me would love to hurt them like they have hurt us. But, it wouldn't solve anything. Still...it would make me feel sooo much better!

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
April 16th, 2009, 03:01 PM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
I am so sorry that you had to deal with such rude people. I know I hate it when people stare at me when one of my children are having a meltdown in the middle of a store. No one has made a rude comment to me yet but I know eventually it will happen.
April 16th, 2009, 04:06 PM
stacyp's Avatar Mommy to Andrew & Luke
It was hard to maintain for sure. It just broke my heart in a million pieces.

Thanks Yvonne (Jaidynsmum) for my beautiful siggy!

April 16th, 2009, 04:46 PM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
Luke is a precious, adorable little guy and those girls were completely wrong. I probably would not have been so "nice" (then again I tend not to be very nice to begin with LOL)
April 16th, 2009, 05:46 PM
~Coley125~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Coley125~
Wow that is really really rude, and just plain insensative! I'm glad that you were able to bite your tongue though and set an example of being the "bigger person" for your children. HUGS!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search