What is your day like?

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
What is a typical routine for your family?

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
April 20th, 2009, 09:58 PM
kittycat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Routine

Mon - AM IEP Preschool, PM PT for 1 HR
Tues - AM IEP Preschool, PM park district Preschool
Wed - AM IEP Preschool, PM OT/PT - 2hrs
Thurs - AM IEP PReschool, PM park district Preschool
Fri - IEP AM Preschool

Add to that mix a 2yo that is starting speech in the next week or two, and various doctors appts (most often for Kyle).

April 21st, 2009, 02:43 AM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
6 AM, mommy gets up.
7 AM Joey awake and wants to EAT
8 AM Wake David and Melanie, feed them get Joey's meds, go down and check on my sister and start her IV
9 AM On a appt day, head to clinic (either Labs or OPI) and other day Start lessons for David and Melanie, Joey falls asleep
Noon Lunch for all, Check on my sister and feed her, make sure she takes meds
1 PM Joey takes nap, David and Mel play
2PM Joey meds (sleeps through it usually)
3 PM Joey awake, check on my sister and start her IV
5 PM start dinner
6 PM Eat dinner
7 PM, "bath time roundup"
8 PM start putting kids to bed, Joey meds
11 PM DH gets home, feed him
Midnight (or later) I get to bed

On Mondays we go to the park with our HS groups, Wednesdays we go for labs, Thursdays we sometimes have OPI. Melanie's speech therapist comes on Fridays now. David's counselor is coming on Tuesdays now. Mondays we also schedule any other appointments (eye, ear, dentist, etc...) since DH is home that day.

Sundays we have church and I often work the nursery.

I knowI'm forgetting a dozen things, I just can't think of them, thjey are just second nature.

Last edited by docsmomma; April 21st, 2009 at 09:59 AM.
April 21st, 2009, 09:03 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
Wow.. depending on the day... w/ no doctor's appointments it goes like this...

-7am, 8 year old is awake, leaves for school by 8:02am if he has school (today he doesn't)
-depending on the kids/babies, they wake anywhere from 8-10:30am, and I let them sleep if they are needing that extra sleep, for the most part they are up & down by 9am
-breakfast w/ in a half an hour of them coming downstairs.
-snacks are around 10-11am
-lunch at 12-1pm
-naptime afterwards (depending on what time they ate)
-they sleep for 2 hours
-8 year old gets off bus by 3:25pm-ish

In the between all of this, I have to clean, do laundry, clean, do paperwork, what ever else it takes. Today, we have to go to Children's Hospital for Cooper's ABR tests for his hearing & a follow-up from his surgery.

Most days, like tomorrow, I have 3 doctor's appointments. I usually have 1 doc apt on average per day, but most of the time I try to do way too many apt's on the same day to get it out of the way. I like my afternoons to myself too.

Evenings are my "bewitching" hours... 4-5pm, kids/family eat dinner.
6pm, I start having the kids baths together, routines, books, 1 bottle etc.

Depending on the day, the routine, the doc apt's that I had to do & how much I've accomplished, they go to bed anywhere between 7:30-9pm.. I aim for 8-8:30pm on most days.

Did I mention that I am potty training? That's a lot of every 30-45 min. in the bathroom... so much fun.

Yeah... my days are never ending. Overwhelming honestly, but I've become used to it.

April 21st, 2009, 10:03 AM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
potty training makes every schedule interesting, we're also potty training our 3 yr old and UG, it throws everything off sometimes....
April 21st, 2009, 12:49 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
I started typing it all out, but it takes too much time because there are a lot of meds, feeds, breathing treatments, pumping, and so on. So, basics:
Up by 615 (usually way before). I have to stop Milo's feed at 7, then he has 4 bolus feeds over the day I have to prepare for, fortify breastmilk, and mix formula for the 9PM overnight feed to begin. I pump about 8-10 times per day, 1/2 an hour each time. I give breathing treatments 8 times per day, and each time takes 1/2 an hour or more. I have to mix meds, give them, clean equipment...all of this takes a total of 1-2 hours each day. On appointment days, which are 3-5 times per week, we're gone for most of the day. I have a lot of paperwork to fill out and phone calls to make, so I try to fit that in while waiting at the offices or walking somewhere, waiting in traffic, etc. Somewhere in there, I make dinner, prepare other meals and snacks, play with Kannon, change diapers, try to potty train, etc. On non-appointment days, something like 12 hours of my day is taken up by cleaning equipment, mixing meds and food, feedings, pumping, giving meds. I have to get up a couple of times in the middle of the night to do a few things for Milo. Luckily, Kannon doesn't get up as much at night since his surgery (I cannot tell you how thrilled I am about this). Our apartment is in sad shape! Ever watch Clean House? I envy those people's homes. Hopefully, this will all get better, and we'll have more TIME to spend eventually!
April 25th, 2009, 07:48 PM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
Most days go something like this.
Wake up at 630. Wake up two older kids to start brushing, joint compressions, and spinning (all OT activities). Then dress the kids and get ready myself.
Get out the door by 730 to get Alex to school on time
Between 8 and 1130 I schedule appointment for Katie or Aiden if need be. If no appointments then we go home so I can get some much needed cleaning done.
Alex gets off the bus at 1130-1145. I make lunch. And on days that we have therapy, (2 times a week, soon will be 3 times a week), we leave the house by 1230 to get to those.
I try to lie the kids down sometime between 1-3, so they can get some much needed rest.
Between 3-5, I schedule any appointments that Alex has, if no appointments than we play.
Around 5-6 I make supper than it's baths, more brushing, joint compressions, and spinning, read books, then bed between 8-9.
Then I clean, do laundry, read, or go on the computer. Or any thing else that needs to be done.

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search