So angry/upset don't know how I should be reacting right now. (O/T, sort of)

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
DH & I bought a new fridge... I wont name the company but it's a popular appliance place. It was delivered this morning at 11am as expected. They said between 11a-1p, they were on time & early, great!

Here's were I have a problem/question.

In order to have my fridge in my house, the men had to come through our rear sliding doors through our family room & into our kitchen. No problem, I expected that. In order to do that, they had to remove a french door & then a gate, a gate that keeps the kids/babies from getting hurt. I had my LO in my arms & Cooper, the almost 3 yr' old SN child was walking around.

As they took apart the items to do their job, and again, I was fine w/ that. I repeated several times. "Please do not leave ANY doors open to go outside, my son can't go outside"... I also stated "he is special needs, he doesn't understand to sit here & not wander".

Things were playing out, I "thought" my toddler was in the family room, watching Thomas. As I turned the corner, the sliding door was open & Cooper was no where to be found. The other man said "I think you're son is outside" "WHAT?!?!" I ran out screaming "Cooper"...over and over again. I was shaking. I had LO in my arms & I couldn't see him. He wasn't in the backyard, he wasn't in the front yard, he wasn't in our driveway or the sides of the house. I finally heard the delivery guy say "I got him"... and I just ran & grabbed my little man & said "are you okay?" he answered "yes mama"... the guy says at this point "he was in the street"... like no big deal. I said "didn't I tell you NOT to leave ANY doors open?" he didn't respond & I didn't press it b/c honestly, I was just so upset & relieved that my son was safe & in my arms.

The men left. I called my DH & he was ticked off, and I don't mean just lightly he was so mad. He said "what? when I am in a customer's house, I don't even let a dog or cat outside w/ out the owner's permission, to let a 2 (almost 3) year old outside alone..." the other comments I can't use on JM.

Now that it's all said & done. Part of me wants to call the company & REALLY complain. Part of me is just happy that my DS is alive & safe. The other part of me is confused. The men didn't even hook up our fridge, said that they weren't "obligated" to do it.

WDYT? Is this something I need to report or should I just let it go?

I feel so horrible. My stomach is still in knots. How would you feel/react? Is this my fault?

April 24th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
I'd call and complain, your son was in the street due to the delivery men's mistake. It was their negligence. Ugh.....I'm sorry you had to deal with that. Thankfully he was found and not hurt. ((Hugs))

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
April 24th, 2009, 11:30 AM
We live in a very quiet neighborhood, in fact, no one is ever on our road "unless" they live here, all old people too... but... there is a main bridge that is being repaired & as a result, people are using our road for the main "detour" as the "detour" signs have indicated to go down our road...so instead of our road being "quiet" & "never traveled" it's become fast, busy & complicated since last week & who knows how long that bridge will be out of commission. So, that's what is even more scary, our streets are usually quiet & very safe, but not anymore...at least not for a very long time. My DS could have been killed & that's what is upsetting. My DH said "it's over & he's fine now"...okay...but what about the next delivery w/ another child & that child gets out & the kid gets killed & it's too late? Oh well then? I mean... I don't think that it should be gone undisciplined.

April 24th, 2009, 12:06 PM
stacyp's Avatar Mommy to Andrew & Luke
I would call too.

((HUGS)) I am so sorry you had to deal with that.

I would call too.

((HUGS)) I am so sorry you had to deal with that.

Thanks Yvonne (Jaidynsmum) for my beautiful siggy!

April 24th, 2009, 12:41 PM
kittycat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd call.

April 25th, 2009, 08:51 AM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
I'd definitely call. The next child may not be so lucky, and they obviously didn't seem concerned enough not to do it again the next time. Maybe this will enhance their concerns a bit!

I'm so sorry-how scary! Yet another instance of people just not getting it...
April 25th, 2009, 02:42 PM
I called & complained, big time. She (the rep on the phone) kept saying I am sorry, I understand. I finally said "are you a parent yourself?" when she said "no"... I said "then no, you do NOT understand".

We shall see... at least I said what I needed to say & got out the complaint. I did say "some" positives but let them know how unhappy I was about them not hooking up our fridge "or" doing what I asked which was to put the gates back on (I don't know how to do that), and letting my child roam outdoors. My mother actually said to me "why weren't YOU watching Cooper?" Excuse me? I was in the house, the gates were closed, the doors were closed "AND" I said " do not open the doors or leave any doors open b/c Cooper doesn't understand & will not stay in the house, he's too little & special needs"... so it's my fault now? WTH??? Is she for real? I don't have the best relationship w/ my mother but seriously, as if that as my fault? I don't think so.

April 25th, 2009, 05:53 PM
stacyp's Avatar Mommy to Andrew & Luke
I'm sorry your Mom said that to you. It's definitely not your fault. Just thank goodness he didn't get hurt but the men were being careless. I think you handled it appropriately & am glad you reported this. It wasn't like you were asking them to keep an eye on him while they were there you just wanted them to be aware of the situation & keep the gates shut. I don't think that's too much to ask. ((HUGS))

Thanks Yvonne (Jaidynsmum) for my beautiful siggy!

April 26th, 2009, 08:28 AM
I'd rather be in Forks
My mom would've said exactly the same thing honey.

And I'm glad you called and complained. They need to know that's not acceptable.

April 26th, 2009, 02:42 PM
My MIL would have said the same. I'm so sorry. I definitely don't think that it's your fault. I'm so glad that you called to give them a piece of your mind! You did the right thing-I hope that they pass this on to their sales and delivery people!!!

Yay, you!
April 26th, 2009, 02:42 PM
My MIL would have said the same. I'm so sorry. I definitely don't think that it's your fault. I'm so glad that you called to give them a piece of your mind! You did the right thing-I hope that they pass this on to their sales and delivery people!!!

Yay, you!
April 27th, 2009, 10:27 AM
~~~Sara~~~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it's important that you called, they need to honor your requests when in your house.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search